Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    soccergirlfl Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Aug 13, 2010, 09:36 PM
    Hydroquinone
    OK so, I made a lot of research and know how to mix my own HQ lotion. My question is can you subsite the dipropylen glycol for Glycerine? (please I don't need any negative comments on why I shouldn't lighten up my skin, if you don't the answer, ignore my post)

Thank youuuuu!!
    shade3shades Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2010, 02:28 AM

Instead of HQ go for peels and daily cleanser. That shall help.

HQ is not good option in log run
    MySunshine Posts: 90, Reputation: 15

Aug 14, 2010, 10:47 AM

HQ will need propylene glycol to dissolve and you can either add it to an already made lotion or try to make your own from scratch using all the ingredients (which you have to buy separately.) Also, it will probably turn brown really quickly when it is exposed to light and air. Its very difficult to make anything with HQ.

Good luck!
    a177ity Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2010, 04:17 PM
    What is the recipe for HQ lotion that you said you know.. because I really want to know I spend too much money on a little vile. Of 4 percent.. help.. and my sunshine, what are all the ingredients/ recipe for propylene glycol?
    OK so, I made a lot of research and know how to mix my own HQ lotion. My question is can you subsite the dipropylen glycol for Glycerine? (please I don't need any negative comments on why I shouldn't lighten up my skin, if you don't the answer, ignore my post)
    HQ will need propylene glycol to dissolve and you can either add it to an already made lotion or try to make your own from scratch using all the ingredients (which you have to buy separately.) Also, it will probably turn brown really quickly when it is exposed to light and air. Its very difficult to make anything with HQ.
    doloress Posts: 24, Reputation: 8

Aug 17, 2010, 05:06 PM

Hi a177ity, I will post the link on how I mix my hydroquinone cream. Nowadays, I usually make small prtions of about 50ml so I can use it within 2 days as hydroquinone oxidises pretty fast when made at home. It is time cosumming but much better than making a big bottle that will last long but oxidise fast. I also use monobenzone. Type this and you will find how to mix your own cream:
    This is how to mix a proper high percentage HQ cream or lotion!
    To soccergirlfl, don't use glycerin, it does not have the same molecular formula as the propylene glycol and I have tried it before it does not work. Heat up your propylene glycol first if you have a thermometer, when it reaches 45 degrees celsius, pour your powder in it.
    Hope this helps. Good luck!
    dashin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2010, 02:59 AM
    Comment on doloress's post
    Hi doloress, I was just browsing and seen your post with interest, am new to this butwould be interested to find out where you get the hydroquin in the uk from the photo shop, please help
    billie2010 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2010, 04:04 AM

Hi

How do you make the photo grade Hydroquinone powder into Hydroquinone USP for use in skin cream or lotion?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hydroquinone [ 38 Answers ]

I wonder if there are good products that conatins Hydroquinone 2 % ? For worldwide shipping, I found one site but the shipping for other coutries than Usa seems to be very hard to understand, manual shipping intructions, and you have to make everything on your own. Weight, types, and everything....

0.5% or 1% hydroquinone? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I would like to know whether there are any bleaching creams that contain only 0.5% or 1% hydroquinone. Ive search but can't find any. :)

Hydroquinone where to get 4% [ 7 Answers ]

Where can you get hydroquinone at 4%

Anyone try 20% hydroquinone? [ 20 Answers ]

I have no intention of putting 20% on my face... that's for sure, but I do plan on diluting it down. I have only been able to find one other place besides by prescription to get HQ above 4%... but I don't think the other place will work out because the minimum order is 100 jars... what the heck am...

View more questions Search