Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ShelbyLane90 Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Aug 13, 2010, 06:24 PM
    How much time are you likely to serve for violation of misdemeanor probation
    My boyfriend is on 11/29 Misdemeanor probation in Williamson County Tn, he recently caught a new charge, Forgery Class E felony for forging 3 checks. In all they add up to less than 1,100 dollars. He will get put on State papers for it because its his first charge and it was in Maury County now Williamson. But Im very concerned about his probation. Will it be revoked? Or will he have to do 30 days or will they just add more time onto his original sentence?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2010, 06:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ShelbyLane90 View Post
    Will it be revoked? Or will he have to do 30 days or will they just add more time onto his original sentence?
    Hello S:

Oh, it'll be revoked. Sometimes they violate you for missing a meeting, or being late for an appointment. Your boyfriend committed a major crime, for crying out loud. I don't think they'll ADD anything to his sentence. I think they'll just make him do it all in jail.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 13, 2010, 06:38 PM

All up to the judge, most likely revolked, held for 30 to 60, and put back on probation

Aug 13, 2010, 06:55 PM
    Please help! :(
    My boyfriend is on probation in Williamson County. He caught a new case in Maury county, Forgery for forging 3 checks that all add up to less than 1,100 dollars.. He has never violated before and I need to know if the court house in Williamson Will violate him or reinstate him or make him send 30-60 days in jail then start his probation all over. He is gonna get put on 2-6 years State probation for the forgery. But please help and answer my question with the most knowledge you can. Thanks
    :'(

Aug 13, 2010, 07:00 PM
    Probation Violation- First Offence?
    What is likely to happen to someone who violates Misdemeanor Probation With a felony? But the Felony came from a different county than which he is on probation on. And the county he received the felony charge in is going to put him on state probation. So what do you think the judge will do about this situation?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 13, 2010, 07:06 PM

It's a shame he did this in Tennessee. Tennessee is a hard state when it comes to identity theft.

He will most likely see jail time.

Aug 13, 2010, 07:15 PM
    First probation violation?
    What is likely to happen, he is on misdemeanor for driving on suspended license. This is his first time ever getting another charge while being on probation.. What is likely to happen.. Btw he has a cool P.O

Aug 13, 2010, 07:34 PM
    The thing is he has never been in trouble like this before & his P.O is cool, so wouldn't they give him 30-60 days? & start his probation over? He is on probation for a misdemeanor, not a felony.
    Expert

Aug 13, 2010, 07:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ShelbyLane90 View Post
    He is on probation for a misdemeanor, not a felony.
    But he committed a felony while on probation!

Aug 13, 2010, 07:39 PM

Yes but they are going to put him on state probation for the felony. And he was charged with it in a different county, he was charged in Maury he is on probation in Williamson.
    Expert

Aug 13, 2010, 07:51 PM

Shelby, please stop posting the same thing over and over. This thread is just fine. All other posts will be deleted.

We are only volunteers here who give of our own free time. We do not sit behind a bank of computers and get paid to give advice.

Your questions will be answered when the people with this experience are online.
    Expert

Aug 13, 2010, 07:53 PM

The probation is from the one county, but if the judge in the cuonty where the current probation is at, feels the other judge was too soft, he can make him do the entire first sentence in prison.

It is totally up to the judge.
    1. he is lucky they made it one charge not three separate one for each check, they often do that.

He needs to notify his PO and let what will happen happen.
    He was
    1. aware he was doing a crime
    2. aware he was on probation

So he has to expect up to the max for his actions.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2010, 01:43 PM

Is it possible that Mrzlane90 and Shelbylane90 are the same person?

If so - why isn't this person suspended so we can avoid another confrontation?

I lose interest when the same question is posted repeatedly and then the OP adds another name and begins answering her own question.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 14, 2010, 01:53 PM

Actually the judge in the other county is much more lieutenant
    The judge in the other county is a Lieutenant? What does that have to do with anything?

Did you mean lenient?
    Expert

Aug 14, 2010, 01:56 PM

Yes they have have the same IP address. And they are still posting the same question, I have deleted all of the other questions to the best of my knowledge at this point. Their other ID will be banned unless there is a reason for it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much time do you have to serve in jail for a probation violation in Alabama [ 1 Answers ]

My husband is in jail on a probation violation of a second dui.This is in the state of AL. His CRO told me the day he was booked he would have to do five days. But It's been six. How much time does he have to do?

Violation of probation ifor first time Class-B Misdemeanor [ 1 Answers ]

I'm on probation for possession with intent and I'm on probation for 5years and while on probation I got a for Class-B Misdemeanor for shoplifting and this is my first on shoplifting and first violation of probation

How much time do you serve on 4 years probation on a violation in Tennessee [ 1 Answers ]

My husband is on 4 years probation for a felony drug charge. He recently got arrestde on probable cause for being at a house with stolen property. He was arrested on a violation of probation but case is still pending on the probable cause. What are his chances of being reinstated for probation even...

Misdemeanor probation violation [ 1 Answers ]

My good friend was just picked up for misdemeanor probation violation. This is a 4 year old misdemeanor. After she was picked up it stated she had not told her prob. Officer that she moved. She had sent a letter at the time of the move because she had no working phone. She also called and her...

Misdemeanor probation violation [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am currently on probation in the state of Michigan until April 2009 and I violated my probation on October 29, 2008 for the same offense, retail fraud, my new amount was a lot less than the first one. What will happened to me. I have two small children and recently got married.

View more questions Search