Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    laoming3422 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2006, 08:28 PM
    2 internal dvd burners
    I want to know can you have 2 internal dvd burners in your computer and both of them working if so how do u set it up
    TheSavage Posts: 564, Reputation: 96

Dec 20, 2006, 08:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by laoming3422
    i want to know can you have 2 internal dvd burners in your computer and both of them working if so how do u set it up
    Yes you can. Most pc`s come with a expansion bay for a 2nd cd/dvd dive right below the master one
    To install /shut down /unplug / take off side cover / remove front cover / remove the metal plate covering the slot / install the screws [or the rails] install the jumper in the back [most likely slave]
    Now is when you hope for a bit of luck -- check the flat ribbon cable leading to the installed dvd drive-- does it have a 2nd plug? If not you will have to get a new cable. If it has the extra plug slide the dvd player in from the front, once its about 3/4 the way in reach in --MAKING SURE POWER OFF- checking that plug I in right direction pug the ribbon trip in. Slide the dvd burner home and plug in the 4 wire power lead. Clean out your PC while its open --and put it back together again. This I a generic direction. Your PC might differ.
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Dec 20, 2006, 09:06 PM
    Hi Laoming,
    Yes, you should be able to. Just treat it as you would any other drive. If both drives are on the same IDE cable, makes sure the jumper on the back of the second drive (end of cable) is set to "Slave (S)." The first drive will be set to "Master (M)." Other than that, just install as usual. The drive should come with these instructions, and hopefully helpful diagrams.
    Take care. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carrier Furnace - Burners turn on and off [ 2 Answers ]

On my Carrier furnace (model 58G5100-2) the igniter starts the pilot, and most times the pilot starts the burners after a minute or two and then the blower motor starts. Other times, pilot lights the burners which burn for a minute or two, stop and then start again... and after a few minutes...

Burners won't light, or, stay lit [ 3 Answers ]

1'st time trying to turn heat on with new furnace-- hot surface ignition system -- burners don't light , or, stay lit -- can't tell which. Any special sequence needed to light? Any help appreciated

Burners won't stay lit [ 2 Answers ]

-- need more help in figuring out flame sensor or roll out switch - Weather King --- ICECO --- 80 PJ --- forced air --- Honeywell valve (on/off switch)---burners light for 1 or 2 seconds, then go out

Burners won't... Follow up info [ 3 Answers ]

Burners light for couple seconds, then go out Weather King --- ICECO --- 80 PJ --- forced air --- Honeywell valve (on/off switch) Burners try to light on 1'st attempt, lights for couple seconds then out on2'nd attempt. Brand new furnace. Looked in installation manual -- says stuff...

Carrier split - heat burners cycle on and off [ 7 Answers ]

Carrier split unit in heat mode appears to basically operate OK. Once the pilot is lit and the burners come on, the pilot remains lit but the burners will intermittently cycle on and off. This appears to sometimes delay the blower from turning on. Once the blower turns on, it heats to the set temp...

View more questions Search