Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    astrong7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2010, 09:06 AM
    Cost to paint 92,000 square feet exterior
    A warehouse type building will be prepped, pressure cleaned and painted white main color and blue trim. It is 92,000 for sure under air. Want to give the a rock bottom low price but done want to cut my toes off because it will need over 4oo gallons of paint.
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2010, 09:38 AM
    Cost per gallon+Time it takes to pressure wash(you can estimate that by increments,say how long to do a single section of 6' wide(the general sweep of a pressure washer by hand)by the height of the building)X how many of those sections are there for the entire building.

And again for the painting.How long to spray a section(your full spray pattern and the height of the building)X how many sections there would be.

Any machinery needed?Or all ladder work?

Time to move the machinery or ladders,etc.

Clean-up daily and end of job clean-up.

Any questions?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Aug 17, 2010, 05:51 AM

Hi all...

400 gallons of paint means you ask for a volume discount on the paint/paint supplies at your local paint supplier. You will then take the cost of all supplies (including tax) and add a minimum of a 10%-20% markup or more... that is bare minimum to charge for materials. I add a higher markup to any materials I purchase, but that is in my business... not yours.

Anyone working with you? If so, is there worker's compensation insurance on them? There should be. How about a liability insurance policy on the work? You should have this in place, too.

In my opinion, to determine square foot pricing for your area, you would be best to stop by a professional paint store and chat with a few of the contractors at the counter. The counter people should also have a good idea of pricing in your area.

Then,you need to sit down and double check the REASONABLENESS of the pricing you got and compare it to the labor you calculate to be involved (man hours).

After that, be sure to include everything as mentioned by KBC above and you should be on your way to pricing the job so that you don't, as you suggested, cut off your toes!

Finally, don't go lowballing the job... get what you should get. In fact, I find most people dismiss the lowest bid because the low bidder is usually missing things like I mentioned above. Don't overcharge, but get a fair wage for your work!

If you care to discuss more just let us know...

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much is 23 square feet at 45 for sheet rocking cents per square feet [ 1 Answers ]

What would I pay for a 24 x 11 square foot room at 45 cents per square foot

What is house building cost per square feet in Kelowna? [ 0 Answers ]

What is an average building new home cost per square feet would be in Kelowna?

Cost to paint ceilings 750 square feet [ 1 Answers ]

I was just given a quote of $1,200.00 to paint about 800 sq feet of ceilings in out home. This included 2 bedroom ceilings, 2 porch ceilings and 1 bathroom ceiling. This quote also includes Benjamin Moore paint (flat and then eggshell for the bathroom) plus patch up work for any nail pops etc....

Cost of exterior house painting per square foot [ 1 Answers ]

Wondering what cost per square is appropriate for exterior paintin of a house, 2 story. Also reglazing windows and painting windows and doors.

Exterior paint jobs - cost? [ 3 Answers ]

I want to paint the outside of my house and I got a quote from someone in town and I'm a little sketical about the cost. It's a one story, 1400 foot house in San Diego with stucco. The quote I got to power wash, paint the house and paint the trim is $2000. Does this sound right? Seems low to me...

View more questions Search