Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Maxine321 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2006, 07:56 PM
    Domain controller
    Hi

I am having problems trying to logon to our 2 servers from a domain computer.

The system was working fine before.

I am unable to print nor access the file server, however some users can.

We have a mail server and a file server. We have set up the domain using Active Directory in the file server and MDaemon/network printers in the mail server.

The system went down and we had to patch the file server so we could access the files on the file server. Now when we try to logon to Windows Server 2003 from a domain computer we get the following error message:

Logon unsuccessful - the user name you typed is the same as the user name you logged in with. That user name has already been tried. A domain controller cannot be found to verify that user name.

Please help :(
    Northwind_Dagas Posts: 348, Reputation: 83

Dec 22, 2006, 08:54 AM
    Have you verified DNS settings? DNS plays a big roll in Active Directory.
    krusty671 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2006, 03:27 PM
    I have seen this error. I have a couple things you can try. I am guessing you are getting the error after you have "found" the file server and try to access a folder? A user name and password box come up, then you enter the same user name and password? Please tell me if this is accurate.

If that is the case, try using a username and pswd for a known working account at that point. If it does work, you can delete the non working account and copy the working account and rename and re-set up the pswd.

Another thing is try adding the IPX protocol. Not sure why, but this will sometime make a difference.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Domain Ownership [ 2 Answers ]

Help, First, thanks for having this site. And I'm glad to have joined Background: Now. I created a website called LGBTNation.org. because I was working at another site that was using all my talents for free, and they were making money. So I started my site. Because I have good network...

Accessing computer on domain [ 1 Answers ]

I cannot access one of my domain member. The error message is " Network Path Was Not Found".

Switched From Domain to Workgroup [ 1 Answers ]

I needed to use a shared printer so I changed from the domain I used to be in to a workgroup. However now that I try to go back to my domain, I can't. The problem is, my primary user profile is the one under that domain. So all my preferences and other settings have been lost and I have to go...

Domain Name Trademark Class [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to get a tradmark for a domain name. The website that would use this domain would sell Wireless internet access. I was wondering what Trademark class this type of service would fall into. Thanks in advance.

Domain Name [ 1 Answers ]

If a company has the same name as my domain, can I be forced to shut it down?

View more questions Search