Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kenise Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2010, 08:34 PM
    Emachine t2885 front door came off and now I don't have no power
    Emachine t2885 power button don't come on because the power cords came out from the mother board and I don't know where they go pw. sw. hdd
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Aug 13, 2010, 11:17 AM
    The motherboard in the machine should have some identifying labeling on it. Determine who made the motherboard and then visit the vendor's website to obtain a manual for the board. The manual usually will have pinout diagrams for all the board's connectors and headers. Alternatively, the front panel header (two rows of pins) along the front or bottom (left) edge of the board may be labeled on the board itself.

Also, if the front panel came off with enough force (abuse) to disconnect all the front panel wiring, the front panel header pins may be bent and need straightening first.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I convert a prehung outswing front door to an inswing door? [ 5 Answers ]

We are remodling our house and we needed to replace the front door. We live in Florida and because of building code changes it is hard to find a prehung inswing front door. By mistake we bought a prehung outswing door. We were going to install it as an outswing but we have a rollout storm...

Emachine T2885 not getting any power [ 9 Answers ]

An Emachine T2885 was brought to me with what appeared to be a simple power supply problem. I was told the PC problem occurred after a massive power outage in town. The PC supposedly came back on when the power came back, then shut down and would not power up afterware. Emachine tech support...

Emachine t2542 USB power surge message [ 7 Answers ]

It has shut down all my USB ports now. I tried to enable them in the devise manager but without success. I even wiped out all my files and did a complete restore. Now the power surgemessage does not come up but all 6 USB ports are inoperatable

I have a emachines t2885 won't power up [ 1 Answers ]

There is a green light that comes on . The fan on the power suplly is free it would come on for a sec and then go back off .

Emachine T2885 won't power on [ 2 Answers ]

Replaced the PSU and battery. Checked connections. Got mixed up on location of power switch connectio to 9 pin connector on the mobo. Any help available?

View more questions Search