Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    easterga Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2010, 05:19 PM
    Cement block fencing
    I have a back yard that is 50 feet wide and 100 long. I want to build a cement block fence across the width of the yard and down one side of the yard. How many block will I need?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Aug 12, 2010, 06:22 PM

A cement block is 8"X8"x12".
    Therefore you will need 150 blocks per course.
    A course is 8" high.
    The number of courses you will need is the height of the fence in inches divided by 8.
    Therefore you will need 150xheigth (in inches)/8.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 18, 2012, 10:35 PM
    Silly question. Why is this in the sports forum, sub category fencing. This section is for the sport of fencing, not building a fence.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cement block steps [ 8 Answers ]

sorry about being so vauge. The steps will be attached to a cement block wall which starts about 8 ft below grade.the block for step would be 8x11,I would like to make them wide about 8ft the height is approx 4ftabove grade.the house is in Belize central america and it never gets below...

Cement block steps [ 2 Answers ]

I have a beach house and the soil is 100 percent sand.i want to build cement block steps how deep should the footing be.ihave not seen any home repair or massonary books on sand bases. Thank you sal cucuzza

Cement block footings [ 1 Answers ]

Replacing a porch at a sand beach location,how deep should a footing be for cemeent blocks

Cement block shower [ 1 Answers ]

My parents house, built in 1956, has a basement shower made of cement blocks with a cement floor. Can I tile over the walls and what's the best solution for the cement floor that's deteriorating.

Is there a height limit to block walls used as fencing ? [ 1 Answers ]

I currently have a block wall that is approx. 19' tall. It has a retaining wall that is 15' out and 3' high that slopes up to approx' height of 6' against the main wall leaving 13' of exsposed wall above the retainer. There are houses that share the other side of the block wall however the lots are...

View more questions Search