croybumbleboing Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2010, 04:48 PM
    How does homeschooling work
    I really want to get homeshooled but I don't know how it works
    Iwant o know the ups and downs
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 12, 2010, 05:04 PM

Is this something you've discussed with your parents, because home schooling means that your parents become your teacher. There are lesson plans, there are tests, everything that's expected of you in a regular school is expected of you when you're home schooled.

The ups are that you don't experience as much peer pressure, bullying, etc. etc. The downs, depending on your dedication, and the dedication of your parents, you can finish school without the necessary education you need in order to move forward. Also, less interaction with your peers can have a negative effect.

Bottom line, if this isn't something your parents agree to, it's no go.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 12, 2010, 07:25 PM

Does one of your parents have time daily to work with you on your lessons. They may buy and use a set program though many sourses or they may set up their own.

Also there are different rules in each state as to requirements

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How does homeschooling work? Can it be free? [ 4 Answers ]

I am not an adult I am 15years of age (keep in mind) I am looking for a school that I only have to go one day a week and get work for that week. Is there a school of that sort? I have a place to do the work where there is no distractions of other students wanting to converse or teachers...

Homeschooling away from home? [ 3 Answers ]

I live in the state of Wisconsin, I have been homeschooled since 4th grade. This is my senior year, and I have moved away from my family on my own because of problems at home. This year, I bought a geometry book and teacher's guide, and will do literature- which is what I need to do to finish up my...

Homeschooling !5 yr old [ 19 Answers ]

I am homeschooling my 15 yr ols son. I started towards the end of the year last year. Now that school has started again { Break is over} I am having a hard time getting him to work for more than an hour a day. He is doing beter than he was in the public school and getting good grades. I told...

Homeschooling [ 1 Answers ]

I am writing a paper for my college english class on the adantages and disadvantages of homeschooling. I was homeschooled and also attended some public school. I would like responses from people who have been homeschooled not people who only have an opinion on the topic Thanks

Homeschooling [ 34 Answers ]

Hello I would like to know more about the disadvantages of homeschooling. I am doing a letter to the editor for a school assessment task and I need to find as many disadvantages as possible. If you can help please respond.

View more questions Search