Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mattjones052185 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2010, 12:52 PM
    Craftsman blower issues
    Trying to learn small engine repair. Came into a Craftsman 32cc 2-cycle blower, mod # 316794970, which has not run since it's owner was given it. I've got spark, fuel is getting to the plug, won't start with starting fluid. Cleaned it up, replaced the reed (the support arm was mysteriously chewed up when I opened it up). Compression tests at about 55 lbs. I've been told I should should for 100 lbs. Is that about right? I'll check head bolts but I think they're good. Gaskets look original; I'm wondering if the gasket between the carb and the throttle body is causing the issue. Any thoughts?
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Aug 12, 2010, 11:07 AM

Hi,
    You would be better served not adding you post to a 3 year old one. Yes, 100 psi would be nominal.
    Peace,
    Clarke
    mattjones052185 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2010, 12:12 AM

Thanks. Out of curiosity, I replaced the reed valve because it was obviously damaged and able to spin freely around the setscrew. It looked like something had hit the support but I couldn't imagine what (the connecting rod shouldn't travel NEARLY that far). One day later, the blower still won't start but the new reed looks almost identical. Any thoughts what might cause such damage? Have you ever seen this before?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Craftsman 22/5HP snow blower [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I purchase and older model (1997) Craftsman 22' 5 HP dual stage snow blower, and I have not operated one before, but needed to have one to do driveway. Now my first time operating was yesterday after 6" to 8" snow storm. I was being very careful and set RPM's low, just above the TURTLE, and...

Craftsman Smow blower [ 8 Answers ]

I have a old 1997 5HP Craftsman snow blower Model 536886440, My question is With the hand clutch disengaged the drive belts still pull, It make's it hard to start and you do not have to squeeze the clutch to move or to blow snow. The belts are very loose over the motor drive pulley and the idler...

Blower issues [ 3 Answers ]

In cool mode fan will work on all 3 positions. On auto and inter. But in heat mode fan will only work in the on position.will not kick on in auto or inter. Position. I've been advised its probably a bad relay. Is this 'probably' true. And if so how do I change it? Model(-)BHA-17 H 11 S U B A this...

Craftsman LawnMower Pulley Issues [ 3 Answers ]

I went to start my lawnmower this am and the cable/rope just pulled right out. How can I reattach this part? The local repair center wants to sell me $40 for the whole recoil when all I need to do it hook up the rope... Anyone have an idea how to do this? Peter

Craftsman leaf blower [ 1 Answers ]

I have an old craftsman leaf blower and it gets hot fast what could cause this.

View more questions Search