Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kaybay210 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2010, 07:31 PM
    401(k) withdrawals
    Some of my past jobs that I worked at had 401k plans.I want to no who do I need to contact to pull money from my 401k at my past jobs and what info do I need?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Aug 12, 2010, 05:53 AM

Kaybay210 - you need to contact the 401(k) plan administrator to request a withdrawal. The contact information should be provided on your quarterly statements which you receive in the mail (assuming that you've kept your address information up to date). If you don't have any past statements, cal the HR department at your former employer and ask how to contact the 401(k) plan administrator. Be aware that you will have to pay regular income tax (federal as well as state/local if applicable where you live) plus the 10% early withdrawal penalty if you are under age 59-1/2.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 12, 2010, 06:21 AM

First, please do not piggyback your question on someone else thread this can cause confusion. I moved your question to its own thread.

Withdrawing from a 401(k) should be a very last resort. Penalties and taxation can put a big dent in what you have saved.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If employee dies before paying back 401 k can spouse repay 401 k [ 3 Answers ]

My husband took a loan from his 401K a month or two before he died. The repayment was scheduled through his payroll deductions. Is it advisable for me to repay the loan in full OR can I make monthly payments to the loan as he had been doing OR just continue with the 401K minus what was borrowed?

401-k early withdrawals taxes [ 1 Answers ]

I know that there is a 20% early withdrawal penalty. But what other taxes will I have to pay on a 90k withdrawal?

401 K Withdrawals [ 3 Answers ]

At what age can you start withdrawing from a 401K account?

Am I going through withdrawals? [ 5 Answers ]

I wanted to know if I'm just going through withdrawals or am I just sick? I did heroin 5 times in the past 2 weeks and I decided to stop... the day after the lasttime I did it I started to feel sick and my body started to hurt. Its still been a couple days and I keep getting hot and cold flashes,...

401(K) and withdrawals [ 1 Answers ]

I just rolled over $250K into my new employers 401K plan. I am 56-1/2 yrs old. I want to take out about $100K to buy a principal residence. What tax implications will I face? How much taxes (if any) would I have to pay? Is there a dollar limit on what I withdraw from the 401K? Thanks...

View more questions Search