Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leah2k10 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2010, 06:15 AM
    I really wan my hair to grow long before I go back to scwl in about 3 weeks
    I really need my hair to grow fast , I don't want it shortish I want it long
    I don't cut it tha often , and I wash and brush it every day ? Xx
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 12, 2010, 06:26 AM

There is NOTHING that you can do to make it grow faster than it does.
    positiveparent Posts: 1,136, Reputation: 291
    -

Aug 12, 2010, 09:51 AM

Your hair can't be made to grow faster, Ive had fairly long hair all my life its 26inches now from crown to bottom, and its not grown much in the last 3-4 years.

Hair on average grows about half an inch every six weeks. Diet may help it grow also washing it every 2nd day not every day that will strip out the natural oils, also use conditioner, don't use any heated tongs or straighteners they cause split ends or can, have it trimmed regular, this could help but unless you get some hair extensions and they're a lot of money, then you have little hope of it growing more than half an inch in 3 weeks at the very most.

Don't let that put you off though once it goes beyond shoulder length it seems to get really long really fast, and once its long its long. Im pleased you want to grow your hair, long hair looks lovely on young girls or even not so young ones and you'll be able to wear it up or down. So keep at it its well worth it.

Also always comb or brush it when still wet from the ends up, doing it the other way is more likely to rip the hair or break it, just gently, also don't use a plastic brush, try to find a natural firm fibre bristle type brush. Brushing it a lot doesn't help it grow either its likely to weaken the hair, just brush it 2 or 3 times a day, when longer and whilst its short, twice a day is plenty. Let it dry naturally too if possible. Also wash it twice, once to clean it once for the shine, and condition it too. If you can get pantene shampoos where you are they're good, and reasonably priced also never use the all in one shampoo and conditioner they coat the hair with polymers which prevents growth. Use separates.

Also every 6 -8 weeks give it a hot wax treatment it feeds the hair folicules, and aids growth, not by much but a little plus after hot oiling it your hair will feel like silk, its great stuff. Good luck. You'll get the hot oil in a supermarket or hair care salon.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to grow my hair 2 inches a weeks? [ 10 Answers ]

My hair is a little past my shoulders and I think its to short I want to know how can I grow it at least 1 or 2 inches in a week or 2 without taking anypills because I can't and all them chemicals like gel,spritz, etc. I grease my head with africa's best hair grow once every week and I comb it...

I really wan my hair to grow long before I go back to scwl in about 3 weeks [ 4 Answers ]

I wan my hair to grow really fast buh it won't ? Anything I can do , I wash it every day and brush it everyday and I don't cut it hardly Buh I'm going to get it don't in about a week ? Anybody help me please xx

After years of dying my hair I'm finding it hard to grow and I've always had long hair h [ 3 Answers ]

After years of dying my hair, it just doesn't grow as fast as it used to, I've been trying to grow out layers for about a year and its taking along time. I just want my hair long all the one length . Does anyone know of any product that would enhance hair growth? Cheers nutleg xx

How do I grow my hair back? [ 38 Answers ]

My hair was really damaged from dye and bleach.It started to get really nasty and just break off.I got so upset that I cut it off today by myself and I cut it too short now I really hate it and regret it!What can I do to help my hair grow back?

How long does cat hair take to grow back? [ 2 Answers ]

We adopted 2 cats 10 months ago from the Animal Rescue Center. One cat was 5 months old at the time. He is a black and white, medium length haired cat. When we got him, the hair on his abdomen was like someone had shaved him. The ARC didn't have any back ground information on him but did say...

View more questions Search