Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ahmed5149 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2010, 04:18 AM
    A Query on Zakat
    Assalam alaikum,

I am owner of 2 houses, both given for rents. And recently purchased one more house with bank loan. The rents of all the 3 houses plus savings of my salary goes to clear the loan of the new house on monthly basis regularly. I am working abroad, and staying with family. I don't have any bank balance right now.

I am having gold of amount almost equals to the other debts (other than the bank loan of the new house).

1) Do I need to pay zakat?
    2) If I need to pay, I must sell 2.5% of existing gold only, as I don't have any bank balance right now.
    3) How about my existing debts(other than the bank loan of the new house)

Regards,
    Ahmed
    ROLCAM Posts: 1,420, Reputation: 23
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2010, 05:20 AM

1) Do I need to pay zakat?

YES, you have to pay zakat.

Zakat, noun.a portion of a Moslem's yearly income required to be set aside for alms.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Zakir naik question regarding zakat [ 6 Answers ]

Asalam-o-Alaikum Sir I wanted to ask that in case a persons expenditurs are barely being met by their means how is zakat distributed upon his wealth then? In case one has gold then I understand zakat on that gold will have to be given But about their income if it only equals their expenditures...

Zakat to syeds is right [ 2 Answers ]

Can muslims give zakat to syeds is it permissible

Just a query [ 6 Answers ]

Does anyone like ever get back together?! - all of this website is "let it go, let it go" -which is all blindingly good advice but does anyone EVER get back together and it works out? Just curious - not planning on doing it with any of my ex's just yet -thanks to you guys!

DNS Query Query. A Query about DNS Queries... [ 12 Answers ]

I am a software developer, I don’t know much about networks. I have a working network but with one weird (well to me it’s weird) problem. If you can offer any insight I’ll be very grateful! <!--- Image Attachment Below (I couldn't find a way to paste it here in the editor :-( ) ---> ...

View more questions Search