Online website for a small business
    Hi my aunt has a specialty furniture store she would like to
    Create a website so that she can advertise her business and
    Maybe have people order online can anyone give advice and
    Suggestion on how to go about it
    Thanks
    darkmajician Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2006, 07:03 PM
    If your aunt wants to make a website for her business, then the first step would be to find a good web host. A good way to find one would be to check on hostsearch.com. If she is going to sell online she will probably need a host that supports shopping cart software. You might also want a host that supports a scripting language such as ASP as this will make maintaining your website as little work as possible. The issue of designing the site can be solved by hireing a web designer, or by obtaining website templates, free or purchased. Once the site is complete she can advertise in newspapers, banner exchanges, or online ads. Hope this helps.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Dec 21, 2006, 03:48 AM
    FYI, many Hosts now include web-design software with the hosting - along with easy installs for shopping carts.

My pick for hosting is Lunarpages, but of course shop around...
    Yaro Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2006, 11:37 PM
    Thank you guys will try it out
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2007, 05:41 AM
    A service like RightCart.com may be more up your street. They handle all the hosting etc. for you. It's "free" as well I believe. They will just take a small commission off the final sale price.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Virtual small business [ 2 Answers ]

I have established a website to develop my business works in the field of consulting. What is the best way to enter the market and introducing my work?

Start a small business [ 2 Answers ]

I'm working on staring a small business with a long time friend of mine, we are planing on re-opening an old comics and collectables shop in our hometown, the plus is we already have a good size client base the negative is we have no earthly idea what we are doing or even how to get the business of...

Want to start my own small business [ 4 Answers ]

Hi folks, I want to start my own small business, something like an Internet Café but I don't know how to go about it. Thus, the items I would need, how much capital and all. I would be grateful if someone can help by telling me how go to about it.

Small Collectibles Business [ 7 Answers ]

My wife has started a small biasness, selling her collection of postcards, etc. on the web. Question - what entries do I need to make for the sale of an item in the journal (I am using MS Small Business Accounting Software). For example, she sells a postcard from her personal collection for...

Small Business Bankruptcy [ 1 Answers ]

What Would I Need To File Business Bankruptcy And What Are The Consiquences

View more questions Search