Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    walkyns Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2010, 11:31 PM
    I'm 15 and I'm going to 8th grade , I don't want to do 8th grade I want to skip to 9th
    I stayed back in 4th grade and 5th grade , now I'm becoming a 8th grader , I'm really ready for high school even though my grades are a little low , can you help me shoud I move to a other country so they could skip me?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2010, 11:39 PM
    Hi, walkyns!

I don't know that moving to another country would be beneficial or not. People are held back in grades for good reasons. If a person skips a grade, then there has to also be really good reasons to do so because of testing and how the student generally performs in school.

Are you feeling "out of place" in the grade that you're at for certain reasons, please?

Thanks!

ZNXYx Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2010, 01:55 AM
    I got to say is finish school It too late skip a grade and 8th grade is important grade for high schools so u can't skip

Aug 19, 2010, 12:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hi, walkyns!

I don't know that moving to another country would be beneficial or not. People are held back in grades for good reasons. If a person skips a grade, then there has to also be really good reasons to do so because of testing and how the student generally performs in school.

Are you feeling "out of place" in the grade that you're at for certain reasons, please?

Thanks!
    yeah I'm feeling out of place in the grade that I'm in , because all my close friends that I used to go to school with they are all going to high school except me , I live in Ma, and I go to a public school, sometimes I don't even feel like going to school because all the students are younger than me I'm always the oldest in the grade =[
    FoxCash Posts: 160, Reputation: 125

Aug 19, 2010, 01:02 AM

If you moved to another country you still wouldn't be with the friends that are a grade ahead of you.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 19, 2010, 01:03 AM

To move up a grade you have to have extremely high grades.

Unfortunately you are the oldest because you were held back. But be sure you are not the only one that has been held back. It happens quite frequently.

Moving to another country is not going to put you ahead either. Actually it may put you behind depending on what country you would move to.

If you moved to another country, which one would it be? Who would you live with ? Who would support you?
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2010, 01:03 AM

I know it's tough feeling out of place, but that's not a good reason to skip a grade. And it wouldn't be allowed if that is the only reason you can come up with for doing so. Why are your grades low? Are you still struggling with the coursework? Do you just simply not do the homework? What is going on? Even if you were to move (I was never able to convince parental units that we should move so I could go to a different school, it only seemed to work when I didn't want to move), the school that you moved to would most likely have you take placement tests. So in order to skip the grades you would have to show that you were ready academically and would be able to succeed in the classes. And if you can't place higher in the district you're currently in, I can't imagine any other district would be that drastically different.

Aug 21, 2010, 12:33 PM

I'm a good student but I just choose not to do my work , all the work that they give me I've already done , so I can A's all of it ,if I move I will move back to my country , Dominican Republic with my two older brothers wich one is a priest and the other one is a high school teacher

Aug 21, 2010, 12:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    To move up a grade you have to have extremely high grades.

Unfortunately you are the oldest because you were held back. But be sure you are not the only one that has been held back. It happens quite frequently.

Moving to another country is not going to put you ahead either. Actually it may put you behind depending on what country you would move to.

If you moved to another country, which one would it be? Who would you live with ? Who would support you?
    I'm a good student but I just choose not to do my work , all the work that they give me I've already done , so I can A's all of it ,if I move I will move back to my country , Dominican Republic with my two older brothers wich one is a priest and the other one is a high school teacher
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2010, 09:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by walkyns View Post
    im a good student but i just choose not to do my work , all the work that they give me ive already done , so i can A's all of it ,if i move i will move back to my country , Dominican Republic with my two older brothers wich one is a priest and the other one is a high school teacher

No, a good student is someone who does their very best and does the work. What you're doing is called slacking off.

Aug 27, 2010, 10:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by justcurious55 View Post
    no, a good student is someone who does their very best and does the work. what you're doing is called slacking off.
    Eh I don't know , ill try this year
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2010, 08:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by walkyns View Post
    Eh idk , ill try this year
    That's probably a good idea. Unless you want to get held back again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I am in 8th grade. [ 8 Answers ]

I am in 8th grade and I need to do a Science Fair Project. Does anyone have any ideas? PLEASE HELP ME!

What do I have to learn in social studies to skip 8th grade? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm trying to skip 8th grade and I know everything for all the subjects except in social studies, so what do I got to learn? (I live in MI if that helps)

My son,13,is in the 6th grade for the 2nd time. Is there a test to skip to the 8th? [ 3 Answers ]

My son, 13, is in the 6th grade for the second time. He was held back in the 1st grade. Is there a test to skip to the 8th in GA?

Since 8th grade [ 15 Answers ]

When I was in 8th grade I realized I had feelings for one of my guy friends. Not a close friend but a simple crush nothing more. And he liked me too. But then this girl all of a sudden started crushing on him and then he liked her and then that was it they were going out and me and him were...

8th grade math [ 1 Answers ]

of all pairs of consecuitive integers whose sum is greater then 100 find the pair whose sum is the least.

View more questions Search