Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Altair Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2010, 07:44 PM
    What does this meen
    I hope long beggings are OK, so here it goes, it started when I was in eighth grade and she was in seventh, when this girl and me voluntered at the schools lunch room, during that year I began to start to like her, when the end of the year was over we went up in grades, so I went through part of the year hiding how I felt until near the end, I wrote her a letter, and I was meening to throw it away, but one of my classmates found it before I could throw it and gave it to her, she didn't approach me about it and treated me the same, at the very end of the ninth grade year, I called her and asked her if she would like to be with me, well, she said no, and that was the last time we talked for about a year and a half and she had to go to a new school, then in eleventh grade year before school started I saw her in a meet the teacher thing, we talked for a little bit and she asked for me for my number, I gave it to her and the next day I get a phone call from her if I would like to watch a movie with her, so when I got there she imeaditly grabbed and held my hand while she showed me what room it was in, the movie went through without anything happening. When the movie ended I walked her to her house, while she was walking she kept on pulling out a piece of paper and I noticed that it was the same letter I wrote to her two years before, but she didn't say anything about it. When we got to her house we talked for almost an hour, but unforunatly I had to go to work, the first time I tried to go, she asked for a hug and I gave her one, but then we started talking for a little bit longer again. The last time that I said I had to go she said OK, but when I started to go she said come here hugged me again and lightly kissed my neck, then she told me that we should do more things together and that she missed me. And this was this passed Tuesday.

What Im not sure about is does it meen something that she kept that letter I wrote her, and also the light kiss she gave to me, I have never had a girl friend before and that was the first time I was kissed in that way. Do you think that there could be something there?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 11, 2010, 07:48 PM

Yes.

Aug 11, 2010, 07:53 PM

But what do I do?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 11, 2010, 07:59 PM

Wait. She'll be back. You'll hear from her again or see her again. She will make sure of that.

Aug 11, 2010, 08:07 PM

What do you think it meens by her keeping that letter? Im sorry about the questions, I have never been in anything like this, so I don't know what to do
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 11, 2010, 08:37 PM

Sorry -- I was away eating Cheezits and drinking Mountain Dew.

She kept it for almost two years, right? What does that say to YOU?
    positiveparent Posts: 1,136, Reputation: 291
    -

Aug 12, 2010, 07:51 AM

She likes you honey and she liked what you wrote in your letter good luck.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Aug 12, 2010, 11:51 AM
    Don't sweat the past, and don't sweat the small stuff.

Look at the bigger picture here, unclouded by what didn't happen in the past, or why it didn't happen.

This is new. Fresh! Exciting!

Start with a clean slate, and consider that the letter of so long ago was sitting in a freezer somewhere, and has, miraculously, finally, cracked its ice.

See her as she is now. She has made all the moves so far, and you are unsure what to do. The most logical thing to do, is make a move and stop wondering what will happen next. Make the move.

Simple. (But of course not so simple, but you can do this!)

Phone her, ask her if she'd like to go out to a movie, or dinner, or coffee- don't offer everything, just something you are fairly sure she will want to do. Bunge jumping is a no-no.

ENJOY her company, and don't worry about saying or doing the wrong thing. There are first times for everything, and that happens in nature, I think, so you don't make the same mistakes twice. Listen to her, take her lead. If she held hands with you, hold hands with her. Don't wait for her to wonder why you aren't holding her hand- just do it.

If you have a few dates like this, and it is more obvious that she is interested, and you, yourself, are convinced of that, then ask her what she thinks of maybe a relationship, just the two of you. That may be next week, it could be six months from now.

But, be careful to read more into it until you are both clearly aware of which direction you are heading. If she only wants a friendship, and you thought she wanted more, you will have your heart broken by not being upfront sooner, rather than later.

I think so far, what your question means is, go for it!

Aug 12, 2010, 10:34 PM

Is there any way though, that I could have misinturputed what she did?
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Aug 13, 2010, 01:19 AM
    No, you have interpreted her very obvious 'I'm interested in you' moves, very well.
    Shaydie Posts: 30, Reputation: 3

Aug 13, 2010, 09:50 AM

She likes you. She kept the letter because it made her feel special. You may want to think of writing her another one and giving it to her yourself. You seem like a special person.

Aug 13, 2010, 01:51 PM

What should be the first thing that I do?
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2010, 01:53 PM

How old are both of you?

Aug 13, 2010, 01:55 PM

We are both 16, my birthday is on Augest 21, and hers is Augest 22
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2010, 01:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    We are both 16, my birthday is on Augest 21, and hers is Augest 22
    I think you should call her. She likes you.:)

Aug 13, 2010, 04:46 PM

What should I say?
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2010, 06:39 PM

Tell her since both of your birthdays are coming up, would she like to get together and go to a movie.
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2010, 06:53 PM

Two years ago, she was too young to go out, but she obviously liked the letter and didn't forget about you. Be yourself.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 13, 2010, 07:06 PM

You've gotten wonderful advice, I don't really have a lot to add, but someone asked me to take a look at your question, so here I am. :)

Believe it or not I was once a 16 year old girl. Don't laugh everyone, I know it was a long time ago, but I remember it like it was yesterday.

A little secret. When I was 14 I dated a boy for 2 months in the summer. He was wonderful, but I really wasn't ready to be in a steady relationship, so after the two months was over, we split up, but we remained friends.

During that summer we would go swimming, go for bike rides, hold hands. Nothing major, but it was a nice little romance for a 14 year old. One day we went to the ravine by my house and he picked me some wild flowers. I went home and pressed them in a book. I still have them to this day, 25 years later. God I feel old. ;)

Anyway, we're still friends. When I got a bit older I wanted to rekindle things with him, but at that time he had a girlfriend, so I let it be. Now he's married, and so am I, but we're still good friends, even though he suffered an aneurysm 11 years ago and is now wheelchair bound and had to relearn everything.

Where am I going with this? Oh yeah. She kept the letter. Two years ago she was only 14, and probably not allowed to date, or felt she wasn't ready. She's making it very clear that she's ready now, so spend time together, go for walks, go to movies, have fun. I realize holding hands and picking wild flowers is a bit old fashioned, but it's a nice touch if that's something you want to consider.

Above all, enjoy getting to know her better, and let her get to know you. The first romance is always the sweetest, so enjoy it. Don't let little things hold you back. You can't fly if you don't spread your wings.

Aug 15, 2010, 09:09 PM

OK, thank you, I will follow all of your advice

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search