Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    whatitis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2010, 04:00 PM
    Is the spirit in my home keeping me safe?
    Growing up I've seen a black cloaked demon during the day, at night, up close, far away, every time it was frightening, and never had a visible face, just blackness in the hood of the cloak. I've been living in my current house now for 6 months, and there is definently a spirit here, every day it's noticeable. It runs through the house, walks through, sometimes charges at you, opens the front door and shuts it then lockes it. Closes cupbords that are open... etc. etc. My best friend doesn't believe in anything, good, evil, nothing at all, so we drank one night and he started talking **** to it, it immediately started growling, leaving scratches on my door, and we could hear screams. ( We live in the woods, and not around anyone) I apalogised to the spirit, and told him he makes me feal safe (I haven't seen the demon since I've lived here) and I didn't want him to leave. A few weeks later I saw a shadow person (which some people say are evil) and it did startle me, but I was wondering if it was my ghost, fealing more comfortable in my home? And should I talk to it, make it feal more comfortable, I really think what ever it is is keeping the demon thing away. Please tell me what you think.
    GeorgeLeigh50 Posts: 45, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2010, 09:36 AM

I experienced something just like this, once, after the death of my mother. No one had yet told me she had passed away in the nursing home, but I felt a presence walk through my room and touch me on the face and arm. So the spirit could be a deceased relative watching over you or even a guardian angel of some sort.
    LC1981 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2010, 08:52 AM
    I’ve have also experienced something similar. I would see dark shadows floating around the house, things would move in the house, noises like someone coming in the house and a lot more. So I inquired about those dark shadows and I was told that they are dark to be more invisible, (not to be seen too much and scare you away). They will be more visible if they feel you need them. If it’s the same type of black figures I have, then I wouldn’t be too worry. But I would still keep my guard up. You already experienced a demon. Who says he didn’t follow you. Demons are very patient and can play tricks on us (making you believe they are good spirits)... You only lived there for 6 months, it could be someone new or it could be the same old one trying to make you feel comfortable.. for a while. Don’t be fooled by the old one, if it is him and you give him access to your house and start taking to him and making him feel welcome, it will be harder to get rid of him. I would not disregard this possibility because you did mention: it immediately started growling, leaving scratches on my door, and we could hear screams. Not the actions of a good spirits.

On the other hand, if it is a new spirit and he is keeping you safe, you don’t want to scare him away. He could be protecting you from evil….
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Aug 13, 2010, 10:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by whatitis View Post
    Growing up I've seen a black cloaked demon during the day, at night, up close, far away, every time it was frightening, and never had a visible face, just blackness in the hood of the cloak. I've been living in my current house now for 6 months, and there is definently a spirit here, every day it's noticeable..
    So you see this clearly on a daily basis?

It runs through the house, walks through, sometimes charges at you, opens the front door and shuts it then lockes it. Closes cupbords that are open... etc. etc.
    Has anyone else witnessed any of this?

My best friend doesn't believe in anything, good, evil, nothing at all, so we drank one night and he started talking **** to it, it immediately started growling, leaving scratches on my door, and we could hear screams.
    What was your friends reaction to this?

A few weeks later I saw a shadow person (which some people say are evil) and it did startle me, but I was wondering if it was my ghost, fealing more comfortable in my home? And should I talk to it, make it feal more comfortable, I really think what ever it is is keeping the demon thing away. Please tell me what you think
    I think you should try to understand more about what might be causing these things before you try much else.

There are more questions I have. If you would answer them it could help to shed some light on your situation.

Do you live alone?
    How many others have seen or heard any of the phenomena?
    This started when you were growing up, so how many years has this been?
    It happens in daylight and at night with both "the demon" and "the shadow "?

Do you want to get rid of these things or just try to understand what they might be?

If you will answer these questions and add any other information you think might help, we can see if we might be able to find a cause , help, or explain what is happening.
    GeorgeLeigh50 Posts: 45, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2010, 09:18 AM
    Martinizing2, it's a shame whatitis hasn't replied to your answer to the question, you put a lot of thought into it. However don't you think that as a psychologist, treating a patient in a public forum like this would lead to revealing info that should be confidential, doctor patient privilege etc.
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Sep 30, 2010, 12:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeLeigh50 View Post
    Martinizing2, it's a shame whatitis hasn't replied to your answer to the question, you put a lot of thought into it. However don't you think that as a psychologist, treating a patient in a public forum like this would lead to revealing info that should be confidential, doctor patient priviledge etc.
    If that were the case you are correct.

But it is not the case.
    What I am attempting to do is get people to look at ALL possibilities of what might be happening around them.
    To look objectively at a situation instead of looking for a paranormal cause,

I am in no way claiming to be a psychologist or attempting to treat anyone for anything.
    I am very aware of the possible danger of putting too much or sensitive information into a public forum .
    If I feel that this type of information may be brought up , I will ask that the OP send it to me in a private message.

Also we have an excellent experienced group of moderators that are experts and professionals . They too monitor all postings watching for any information that could be a problem for the posters or the sight and will delete the information and/or the entire post as appropriate.

The goal here is to try to help in any way possible. Referring people to professionals is a big part of this forum.
    You will not find anyone here attempting to anything more than offer advice, comfort, a shoulder to cry on, someone to share accomplishments with, provide friendship, and whatever else can be accomplished online in a public forum.

As I previously stated and wish to emphasize is ;
    A large part of attempting to help is referral to professionals.

To this end I have seen people on this site spend weeks or even months ,and posting "novels" attempting to get people to go to a professional for the help they require.

The people here really care about the people they attempt to help. And do it on a volunteer basis.

I understand your concern and am glad you cared enough to bring it up.

You have been around the site long enough to have seen this for yourself I would think.

And I would ask ; where did you get the idea I was "a psychologist treating people in a public forum" ?
    This is an off the wall assumption , to me, and I wonder how you drew this conclusion .
    I have never tried to appear as anything more than someone trying to help in any way I feel confident and comfortable and qualified in doing.

The only qualification I claim is life experience.

I wish you well and hope to hear from you in the future.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Keeping my kids Safe! [ 1 Answers ]

My x husband is a relapsed drug addict . I want full custody of our 3 children for there safety. Where do I start??

Keeping America Safe [ 10 Answers ]

Obama commented recently that he wakes up thinking about how to keep America safe and goes to sleep thinking about how to keep America safe. In what way did releasing the "torture memos" keep the USA safe? Regardless of whether the use of these harsh interrogation methods is right or wrong,...

Device to download pictures and maybe music on for safe keeping [ 1 Answers ]

There is a new device that I've seen on commercials that you can download your photos and maybe music too on it for safe keeping. Anyone know any devices like this? It kind of looked like a big iPod, if that helps any. Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Keeping your dogs/cats safe at christmas [ 9 Answers ]

1. No rich foods... gravy, candies, nuts can cause huge problems... remember not to leave food items wraped under the tree. As you know Fido/ Fefe has a great sense of smell. 2. Anchor your tree, a eye hook bolted to the wall or ceiling , with fishing line is a sure fire way to keep treesfrom...

Keeping sister safe from inheritance [ 1 Answers ]

My siblings and I own property as a result of our fathers death. We would like to sell it, and split the proceeds. However, one sibling is a severe drug addict, has been incarcerated several times over the years, and can't take care of herself in general. Is there anything we can do to make sure...

View more questions Search