Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chrisinfrance Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2010, 07:23 AM
    Win 7 64 bit driver for Epson perfection 660
    Hi,
    I had to buy a new fitted tower at the weekend when my computer refused to boot. I had no choise in what was available to buy - Windows 7 or nothing.

I managed to locate drivers to upgrade all of the equipment except the scanner.

Epson do not care and have no intention of providing these drivers. They told me I should have asked them about compatibility before upgrading my computer. Get real please.

I am really frustrated because I know that a driver exists that will run my scanner perfectly. It is available from Vuescan. To use it free every scan is covered in dollar watermarks. To get rid of the marks I must pay either 40 or 80 dollars depending on system purchased.

So, if the drivers exist, which I have proved that they do, there must surely be a free version out there somewhere but all my searching has found nothing.

The attitude of Epson is disgusting.

Regards,
    Chris
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2010, 07:32 AM
    Try here: Epson Perfection 660 : Drivers & Software

Aug 11, 2010, 07:43 AM

Thank you for the speedy answer BUT I am afraid that I have already downloaded this software and it simply does not work.
    Epson themselves say that they have no 64 bit driver for the Perfection 660 and they have no intention of providing one. See my original question.

Thank you for trying to help.
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2010, 07:52 AM
    The scanner was made in 1994, there are plenty of other manufacturers that don't offer Win 7 drivers for "older" models, not just Epson.

You can read this: Epson perfection 660 and Windows 7 - Scanners - Computer-Peripherals

Aug 11, 2010, 09:59 AM

You are missing the point. The driver is available if you pay swo Epson should be prepared to provide it also

Aug 11, 2010, 10:02 AM

Why would you direct me to my own question on another forum Do you work for Epson?
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2010, 10:45 AM
    LOL! I didn't even notice it was you there as well.

I guess you are out of luck for a 64 bit driver for that model. Maybe it's time to go shopping:
    Windows 7 Compatibility for Printers & Scanners: Scanners Hardware: Download Device Drivers
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2010, 10:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisinfrance View Post
    You are missing the point. The driver is available if you pay swo Epson should be prepared to provide it also
    I'm curious, can you post a link to the Epson site where they ask you to pay for a 64 bit driver please?

Aug 11, 2010, 01:13 PM

Please read the meassages more carefully. I have never said that epson want anyone to pay. Epson refuse to supply the driver under any circumstances.

I clearly said that I know that a driver is available for this scanner because a private company have it for sale. They let you download it and use but the scan is covered with a watermark of a dollar until the software is paid for. The payment is 40 or 80 dollars depending which grade of software you choose.

So, I have tried it and know it works.

My point is that as a driver is available for this machine then epson should also be able to supply one and so it should be prepared to supply it to their clients. It is not rocket science for people like Epson to produce their own version of the driver.

So, my original question relates to the fact that if one company has the driver for sale then probably somewhere on the web someone is offering it for free but, so far I have failed to find it. I asked if anyone knew of a source because Epson refuse to supply it.

I also think that you made a mistake with the date that this scanner was produced. It was not available in 1999 when I purchased my first scanner from Epson. I bought this one in 2005.

Please read the messages correctly. Perhaps english is not your first language.
    levitchenko Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2010, 12:03 PM
    You know I am have the same problem
    So I don't know what to do
    Going to buy another scan - there's no any other way ((( so sad
    SayFl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2011, 12:53 AM
    Epson site: download driver for perfection 4990 win7 64bit
    Install
    Connect scanner
    Hardware manager: undefined object
    Manually install the driver, ignore the warning that this may not be the right object for the driver
    Done

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Epson Stylus CX5500 Scanner Driver 3.0 Windows xp [ 3 Answers ]

Need driver for espon cx5500

64-bit driver for Canoscan 8000F [ 2 Answers ]

Can I get a Vista 64-bit driver for my Canoscan 8000F flatbed scanner?

Packard bell 1200 plus vista driver 64 bit [ 1 Answers ]

I have a windows 7 64 bit os I need a driver for a Packard Bell 1200 plus flatbed scanner

Epson Stylus CX3200 printer driver [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Guys, do you know where I could download a epson stylus cx3200 printer driver for my printer, I have recently upgraded my desktop PC to windows vista, I have search the epson site and could not find one, I will not buy another epson product ever again, Vista is out for quite sometime now and...

Dual booting setup of Win Vista Ultimate 64-bit and Win XP Pro 32-bit? [ 1 Answers ]

I currently have Windows Ultimate OEM 64-bit version installed. I have 2 hard drives on my system. My 160GB SATA hard drive has Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit installed and running very well. (C) I have a second hard drive (80GB IDE) on my system which has backup files. I would like to install...

View more questions Search