Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    honda02helpme Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2010, 06:16 AM
    2002 Honda V6 accord won't start after sitting out in hot sun all day
    My 2002 Honda Accord V6 coupe with 118K miles will not start after sitting out in the 80-90 degree heat and sun for 8-9 hours while I am at work. It starts fine in the morning and if left for a while until it gets cooler again, will eventually start. This has happened 2 times in the last 2 weeks. I took it to the shop and they hooked it up to the diaganogsitc machine and said it returned nothing and I would have to leave the car sit there so they could possible see the issue happen for themselves. Have anyone else experienced a similar issue. I love my honda and it has been well cared for and so reliable up until this point. Thanks!
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2010, 06:27 AM

Frequently, this is a PGMFI main relay issue, where cold solder joints develop on the printed circuit board. During the heat of the day, the joints separate and the car won't start. Try replacing the main relay.
    honda02helpme Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2010, 07:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by TxGreaseMonkey View Post
    Frequently, this is a PGMFI main relay issue, where cold solder joints develop on the printed circuit board. During the heat of the day, the joints separate and the car won't start. Try replacing the main relay.
    Thank you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

92 Honda Accord Lx - Won't start hot [ 2 Answers ]

My 92 Honda Accord Lx starts fine when it is cold, but when it is hot it will not start.

99 Honda Accord V6 will not start during in hot sun [ 2 Answers ]

My 99 Honda Accord will start in morning or after sunset but will not start if parked in the sun for more than half hour during the day. I have open all windows to cool the inside of the car for half hour and then car will start. I took the car to Autozone to check engine trouble code and found no...

94 Honda Accord EX won't start when it's hot [ 1 Answers ]

My 94 Honda Accord EX starts fine when it's cold to moderate temperature out. But when it's hot outside it will not start. Also; when I turn the car off for only a few moments and try to start it again it won't start. I have to wait 5 to 10 minutes, and then it starts right up. Following other...

Start 1992 Honda, Accord EX, sitting idle four years [ 1 Answers ]

I have drained and replaced the old fuel and installed a new battery. The engine turns over strong, but does not catch. I checked the fuel line and it is dry. How do I change the fuel pump in this car. Do need to drop the fuel tank completely or just enough to remove and replace the fuel pump?

91 Accord won't start on hot day [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 91 Accord that sometimes won't start on hot afternoons when I get home from work after I park it at the train station. It has plenty of battery power and cranks fine but just won't start like there is no fuel. Sometimes after several minutes of trying, it will finally start. ...

View more questions Search