Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ikpeep Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2010, 02:58 PM
    Roper washer won't stop filling with water even when on stop or unplugged
    I own a 6 year old Roper top loading washer,and when I turn on any cycle the water continues to flow, it never stops. It doesn't even stop running when I turn the knob to spin or off. I purchased it at Lowe's, and this is the first sign of trouble I've had. I even unplugged the machine, and the water continued to over flow the washer capacity on to the floor. I had to shut off the cold water vave to finally make it stop. Can you help?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Aug 11, 2010, 08:17 AM

Cold water solenoid valve is stuck or defective. Should be easy to replace, but first I would give it a nice little rap with a wrench. A rap is a little more than a tap and less than a blow.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hot water suddenly slows to stop filling bath. [ 11 Answers ]

PROBLEM:ATTEMPTED FIX Tried bridging hot and cold with a hose (on all taps) I've even let it run for a few minutes so that water is spilling out of the overflow. I've tried turning off the cold water supply, then turning on all the hot taps to try and empty the tank, but the same thing...

Kenmore 70 Series Washer won't stop filling with hot water. [ 0 Answers ]

Washing machine: Kenmore 70 Series washer. (sry, don't know model number, that plate is missing) Issue: During load of laundry, hot water continued filling during the entire cycle. Wash, rinse, spin, and even after the washer reached the 'Off' position. All other functions of the washer...

Frigidaire front loader won't stop filling with water [ 1 Answers ]

I have just installed a front loader frigidaire and when I turn on the hot water the unit begins to fill with water (even when it is not on) and continues to fill until it overflows and comes out of the detergent drawer. The cold water works right. Thanks!

Kenmore he4t washer won't stop filling [ 1 Answers ]

My Kenmore he4t washer won't stop filling even when off. Help!

View more questions Search