Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jillybean66 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2010, 01:39 PM
    Statue of limitations
    I recently applied credit card & now debt collectors sending me letters, demanding paymet. The statue of limitation on all my bills, credit cards and medical bills. Now that I am on Social Securty disability, I was told that they can not sue me, because the judge will throw it out. Then what happens?

Thanks
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2010, 07:48 AM

Whomever told you they cannot sue you is wrong. They can and will sue you. They may not be able to get money from you right now, but the judgment is good for 20 years so you will probably never own any real property or have any savings.

The statute of limitation is going to vary by where you are and what the bill/delinquency is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Statue of limitations [ 1 Answers ]

What's the statue of limitations on a failure to appear

Statue of Limitations [ 4 Answers ]

A couple of days ago I received a letter from a collection agency saying that I owed Columbia House approx $170.00. I live in Nova Scotia. I have not had an account with them in at least 8 to 10 years and when I did it was at a different address and PO BOX. To the best of my knowledge I had paid...

Statue of limitations. [ 1 Answers ]

What is the statute of limitations on a mortgage dept in Canada?

Statue of limitations [ 7 Answers ]

Hello my question is is there a statue of limitations on a complaint filed and one more thing if my home was raided by the FBI the things that they took can I get them back if it is a statue of limitations on a complaint and how long does it last? Thanks! M.Andrews

Statue of limitations [ 2 Answers ]

What is the statue of limitations for credit card debt in the state of New Jersey?

View more questions Search