Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dulie4 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2010, 01:28 PM
    Rent a home n NY, area will b renovated how much move time should I recv from mgmt?
    I live in area of Nassau County, Long Island NY that a section of the property has been brought by a developer that plans to renovate about 20 homes and build townhomes. I understand there is no availability for me to relocate in another home within the complex which means I will have to move. The mgmt company has not provided detailed info yet & I want to know how much notice should I receive mgmt co/developer advising when I will need to move.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2010, 05:22 AM

Hello d:

If you have a month to month rental, they only need to give you 30 days. If you have a lease, they can't make you move at all.

excon
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 11, 2010, 05:24 AM

Correct, if you have a lease, you cannot be forced to move until it expires. However, do not expect them to renew. You will need to be out by the date of expiration.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Not on lease, paid rent on time, can I move out early? [ 3 Answers ]

I have been living in an apartment in Virginia for four months, not on the lease. I have been paying my housemate because she never took the other two girls who used to live here off the lease to put me on. The rental office does not know of this situation. I have paid rent to her monthly and on...

KY tenant won't pay rent and won't move out [ 2 Answers ]

My father owns rental property (eastern Kentucky, Boyd County) and has had many problems with tenants. There is this lady and her family who are at least three months behind on rent and refuse to move out. My dad (landlord) left her a note saying he would "like her out at the end of the month"....

Move a inquiry to right area [ 9 Answers ]

Today I became a member and inadvertently, not being so computer savvy, posted my question about scalding hot water in cold tap in the "Forum Area." Anyway someone can help move this so I can get our question out thee without retyping? Thanks for your timel.

Recv. Check in the mail for publishers clearing house [ 1 Answers ]

Today I recv. A check in the mail with a letter claiming I have won $25,000 from my online app to Publishers Clearing house. The check is real (not a fake) and I did fill out a application online for Publishers Clearing House about 2 months ago. I've been reading about these scams on the...

View more questions Search