Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    malio Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2010, 01:16 PM
    After burning a CD it won't play in the car, it just says cd error.
    I burn a cd either cd-r or cd-rw and when I try to play it in my car it comes up cd error. I used to be able to burn them successfully but something has changed and I can't work out what. Help please.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 10, 2010, 01:17 PM
    Was it finalised ?
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Aug 11, 2010, 04:21 AM

If you burnt the CD as a data CD and not an audio CD your car player may not be able to read it. Also some older CD players did not read burnt CDs well or at all.

Aug 11, 2010, 01:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cmeeks View Post
    If you burnt the CD as a data CD and not an audio CD your car player may not be able to read it. Also some older CD players did not read burnt CDs well or at all.
    Hi, Thanks for your reply but I'm sure it burnt it as an audio CD, I've tried burning at slower speeds. I think it may be set on a wrong format but I don't know what it shoud be or how to change it. Thanks Malio
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2010, 04:17 PM

Windows media player will burn mp3 to .cda audio format

Aug 12, 2010, 06:43 AM

Hi, Thanks for your reply, I will have to try and convert my files to MP3's and see how it goes. Malio.
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2010, 10:45 AM

What format are they in now?

Aug 13, 2010, 03:14 AM

Hi again, Halve are in Flash Video, the other halve in Wave, and I converted 2 or 3 into MP3, but it still rejects it saying CD error. Thanks Malio
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2010, 07:44 AM

Well to play in an 'older' cd player in a car the audio files would need to be in .cda format - there is DeepBurner Pro out there that converts wav-, mp3-, wma-, and ogg-files to audio format (.cda)

Then there is Nero which will convert mp3 and wma files

Aug 13, 2010, 04:16 PM

Thanks again, I'll try that but what confusses me is I burned quite a few earlier that are flash video, downloaded from utube, which play perfectly, but since I converted some tracks from cassette and mini-disc on to my computer using " audacity " and importing them in "Wav" nothing plays in the car, but the ones I burned before ,play perfectly. Hope you understand. Many thanks, Malio.
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2010, 05:10 PM

You can also look at a series of programs called "DVDVideoSoft"

They will work for converters, then you can use windows media player to burn cd's. They are formatted that way to work in most cd players.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2010, 05:36 PM

Bet your using different media. If the media is Sony it won't likely work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Burning DVD. Mp4 won't play [ 3 Answers ]

I have an movie saved on my computer that my sister uploaded... she wants it burnt off but I cannot seem to do it.. file is in MP4 format... dvd player won't accept anything but MP3 format if I'm looking at my dvd player right... hmmm help please

Burning films to play in dvd players [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, Stupid question probably but I have no idea about how to burn films from my PC as mpegs onto a dvd so that I can play it in my dvd player. Dvd player can play mpegs but I don't know what software to use or anything. Really appreciate help here! I have asked many people but my IT friends...

Burning error when making dvd's with nero rom [ 17 Answers ]

Hey , I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place but I'm not 100% sure where the problem is :( but here goes. Hey guys , I have a problem when I try to burn a dvd. Let me explain what the process I been told to do when burning a dvd. I currently have nero 6.6 I open Nero startsmart...

Car is burning lots of gas [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2000 Plymouth Neon. My engine light is on and I am noticing that I am burning a lot of gas lately. I have been just going to work same as usual and I am burning an extra quarter tank or so of gas. For instance, usually to and from work I use 1/4 a tank, so 1/2 in two days. Now after 2...

Burning a CD and error messages [ 19 Answers ]

I have XP home edition... I dowloaded and paid for some music on Yahoo music and now I can't burn it... I keep getting these 2 error messages... "Protected WMA file occured while burning 0x80404127 "Bad Parameter 0x80404104 anybody know what the problem is or how to fix it? THANKS!! :eek:

View more questions Search