Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chabliz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2010, 10:58 AM
    Old Life Insurance Policy Found
    Hi all,

My mother (who has been deceased for 20+ years) took out a life insurance policy on me when I was 14 years old. I was recently contacted out of the blue by the insurance company informing me that my mother had a policy on me and paperwork was enclosed that I need to fill out so I can change the policy owner to me.

I have faxed in the forms and death certificate that they requested, but I was hoping someone could tell me what my options are on this policy. I already have plenty of life insurance through my job and was wondering if this is something I can cash in or does it only pay out upon my death?

The policy was opened 7/1984 and is paid up until 7/2065 and the face value is around $11,000. The coverage name is 'Select Lifestyle'.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Aug 10, 2010, 11:07 AM

You should contact the insurance company and ask what your options are. There may be a cash value built up which you can take out.
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2010, 10:31 PM

Check with the company who holds the policy. Don't be too hasty in your decision to cash it out- check with a financial planner because it may be valuable to keep it since it's already paid up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Life insurance policy [ 3 Answers ]

Can you take life insurance out on anyone without there knowledge?

Life Insurance Policy [ 2 Answers ]

I leave in California and my sister has stage 4 lung cancer and wants to leave me her life insurance policy for money she owes me but she also owes money to many credit card companies (much more than what the policy is worth). I am I responsible for taking that money and paying her credit debt...

This about Life Insurance Policy [ 1 Answers ]

I just want to know if having a LIFE INSURANCE POLICY is permitted in Islam. Please do reply..

Life insurance policy [ 1 Answers ]

I am new Life Insurance Agent, how I will find out potential person who is intersted to take insurance policy.

Life insurance policy [ 3 Answers ]

Will the insurance company deduct any taxes on a life insurance policy? Is the year end taxable?

View more questions Search