Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    allyson johnson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2010, 10:13 AM
    What does it mean when vocational expert says no jobs available for ssi claiment?
    I recently had a ssi hearing, a Vocational Expert was there and said at the conclusion of hearing that it was no longer any jobs for me. The alj gave a couple of hypothetical questions, and that was the result. Does anyone know what that meant "no jobs".I do have a cognitive problem, and it takes away at my thinking sometimes and I can't see things quite as clearly as others. I need this explained to me . Thanks
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2010, 10:19 AM

It means that they cannot locate any employment opportunities for which you are qualified.
    rabernmt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2010, 04:39 PM
    I just had my hearing yesterday for epilepsy. The ME said he would suggest a job with Seizure precausions and then the VE said there was no jobs I could with my conditions. I have heard that it basically means you should get a medical-vocational allowance and will be approved for disability benefits. I hope this is true. But this is a good thing if the Judge denies the claim because I can work then I should have clear grounds for and appeal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can children of a disabled parent who receives ssi also get ssi checks? [ 1 Answers ]

How do I apply for my 2 babies to receive ssi checks... I've been receiving an ssi check since I was about 18.. the mother of my babies is living back at her mothers because her mother has sarcoma cancer and had her leg amputated up to the tip and the cancer then spread to her lungs so she is...

Convicte felon trying to get into college or vocational trraining [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a felon trying to further my education and keep running into walls. I have one felony conviction and it is from Mar 20 of 2000. How long do I have to wait to be something?

View more questions Search