Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    saf khan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2010, 08:14 AM
    How does history define islam
    How does history prove that islam is not based upon other religons, the questions and answers by author ibn warraq because he is causing disbelief to some of the muslim population
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Aug 10, 2010, 09:04 AM

Forgive me for an attempt at answering this but, doesen't the Islamic faith require that the tennants of the old Testament and New Testament be incorporated into the Koran?

One of the Muslims that worked with once told me that they were.

To me, that indicates that the Islamic faith recognizes the beliefs in both the Old and New Testaments and extends them by their tennants.

Is that true or am I mistaken?
    ROroROro Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2010, 09:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by donf View Post
    Forgive me for an attempt at answering this but, doesen't the Islamic faith require that the tennants of the old Testament and New Testament be incorporated into the Koran?

To me, that indicates that the Islamic faith recognizes the beliefs in both the Old and New Testaments and extends them by their tennants.

I was just wondering, are you against Islam or on muslim's side?
    Just wondering.
    And you are not mistaken by the way. I think what you said is true. But I'm not sure :rolleyes:

Aug 10, 2010, 09:25 AM

I am neither for or against Islam.

Since I am not God, what right do I have to say how someone should practice their faith?

I am Roman Catholic and my faith teaches me to respect other faiths.

Also, to share my faith with others and see if I can convert them to my faith system.

It does not teach me to force my beliefs on others as some may think.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 10, 2010, 09:37 AM

From Wikipedia --

Islam holds that the Qur'an was repeatedly revealed from Allah to Muhammad orally through the angel Jibrīl (Gabriel) over a period of approximately twenty-three years, beginning in 610 CE, when he was forty, and concluding in 632 CE, the year of his death.[2][6][7] Followers of Islam further believe that the Qur'an was memorized, recited and written down by Muhammad's companions after every revelation dictated by Muhammad. Most of Muhammad's companions--tens of thousands--learned the Qur'an by heart, repeatedly recited in front of Muhammad for his approval or the approval of other Sahaba Muhammad had approved. The companions also compiled it in written form while Muhammad was alive.

Aug 10, 2010, 09:40 AM

ROroROro,

I'm not sure that I answered your question.

If you mean am I for or against the beliefs of the Islamic Faith, then I answered your question.

However, if you mean am I for or against the Islamic political agenda of killing all non-believers (if that is truly what they mean) the answer is NO!

For example, do I have the right or moral position to just up and kill my neighbor because they a Jewish, Protestant, Black, White, Hispanic, Italian or even English?

No I do not. Look at the Old Testament and see the 5th. Commandment, "Thou shall not kill!"

Now I am not a fundamentalist, I'm more of a contextual believer in the Bible. But to me, if you want me to convert, you are not going to get my support if you have to kill me to do that!
    ROroROro Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2010, 09:49 AM
    ROroROro,

I'm not sure that I answered your question.

If you mean am I for or against the beliefs of the Islamic Faith, then I answered your question.

However, if you mean am I for or against the Islamic political agenda of killing all non-believers (if that is truly what they mean) the answer is NO!

For example, do I have the right or moral position to just up and kill my neighbor because they a Jewish, Protestant, Black, White, Hispanic, Italian or even English?

No I do not. Look at the Old Testament and see the 5th. Commandment, "Thou shall not kill!"

Now I am not a fundamentalist, I'm more of a contextual believer in the Bible. But to me, if you want me to convert, you are not going to get my support if you have to kill me to do that!
    Well, I'm sorry that I annoyed you, but I was just wondering :S
    Sorry anyway :o

Aug 10, 2010, 10:14 AM

Whoa - there:

You have not annoyed me even by a little. And I am very willilng to continue on with conversing with you.

I just wasn't sure I answered your question correctley, that's all.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2010, 12:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by saf khan View Post
    how does history prove that islam is not based upon other religons, the questions and answers by author ibn warraq because he is causing disbelief to some of the muslim population
    I am sorry, but your question is not very clear, if you could clarify.
    And I don't know if history proves that Islam is not based on other religions as we believe Islam has been the revealed religion since the beginning of mankind.

Don,

Not sure what you meant by "be incorporated" into the Quran.

We do believe in all the revealed books, and believe that what is required for muslims is in the Quran and that some messages had already been revealed in earlier books, which has been repeated in the Quran.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

There is a page on on islam watch (Incest is Halal in Islam) please answer it because [ 9 Answers ]

I saw this page while I was searching Google It is causing bad for islam and our prophet MUHAMMAD peace be upon hin

History and or haunted history records on a residential home [ 4 Answers ]

Would like to get free information re: a homes history or haunted history by researching prior tenants or owners to a property located in Vacaville, California. Address: 125 Andover Drive Vacaville CA 95687 curious as to anyone having information on suicide death at this residence. Please help.

Define f(x) [ 1 Answers ]

Need help understanding the term "f of x" or f(x)?

Define Liberal [ 14 Answers ]

What exactly is a liberal?

View more questions Search