Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Isafjordur Posts: 72, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2010, 09:15 PM
    Is it likely I'll become a really bad criminal/bad person? I'm really scared. Please
    I'm 16, and I live with my mum, dad and sister. My mum is an alcoholic, she drinks a lot and she even picked me up from school once when she was drunk. My dad is nice, but he has a Habit of getting mad a lot. I have ADHD, OCD and Hypochondria, I take medications for the ADHD and Hypochondria, but I don't know if it works the right way. I don't get along with my sister, I never have. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE MY SISTER. She's 27, and she moved back in in May, things have become terrible. My sister and I fight a lot, more than we ever have before. We fight about all kinds of things, and she says that I'm the worst person she knows, which is really stupid. I do get angry and yell just like my father, but I never become violent and hurt anything. I get my anger from my father that's for sure. My friends say I'm one of the nicest people they know. I usually only fight with my sister, sometimes she starts them, sometimes I do. When ever I get into a big fight, I go into my room and I cut my arms (the top of the arm). I do this to punish myself. My mom hates me for it, but it really is none of her business, she hurts herself and everyone else with her drinking. Is it likely I'll become a criminal/terrible person?

Aug 9, 2010, 09:24 PM

I also forgot to mention that I was bullied pretty much all my life in school. Mainly verbal abuse, but I was also threatened a lot, and pushed against lockers, etc...
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2010, 05:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Isafjordur View Post
    Is it likely I'll become a criminal/terrible person?
    Hello I:

No. But, if you don't stop cutting yourself, you'll probably become a dead person.

excon
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2010, 09:16 AM

Do your problems in school have anything to do with your rants against Islam?

Aug 13, 2010, 09:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Do your problems in school have anything to do with your rants against Islam?
    Not at all. And I DO NOT HATE MUSLISM, I have two Muslim friends who are among the nicest people I know. What I don't like is Radical Islam, nor do I like Radical Christianity, or any other religion.
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2010, 09:33 AM
    Not at all. And I DO NOT HATE MUSLISM, I hate two Muslim friends who are among the nicest people I know. What I don't like is Radical Islam, nor do I like Radical Christianity, or any other religion.

You hate two Muslim "friends" who are among the nicest people you know.

What?

This appears to be a rant against Islam - I don't see it as a rant against only the radicals and I would object if you had grouped any religion or group of people together in this fashion.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2010, 09:40 AM

What?
    Hello Jude:

I think he typed a "t", when he meant to type a "v".

excon

Aug 13, 2010, 10:15 AM

What?

This appears to be a rant against Islam - I don't see it as a rant against only the radicals and I would object if you had grouped any religion or group of people together in this fashion.
    MY BAD! I meant I HAVE two Muslim friends.
    kalyn Posts: 6, Reputation: 0

Aug 13, 2010, 10:20 AM
    He sweety u can talk to me

Aug 13, 2010, 10:20 AM

Anyway, I take I probably won't become a really bad person?
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2010, 10:50 AM

Depends on whether you believe it's all about nature or nurture.

Aug 13, 2010, 11:11 AM
    Depends on whether you believe it's all about nature or nurture.
    True. However, it seems to me that you "hate" me, all the posts I get from you are extremely negative. Why do you hate me so much? You know nothing about me and you claim I'm a racist?
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2010, 11:41 AM
    True. However, it seems to me that you "hate" me, all the posts I get from you are extremely negative. Why do you hate me so much? You know nothing about me and you claim I'm a racist?

How do you figure that I hate you? You posted what I consider a rant against Islam and I disagree with it. I think it's racist. That's my opinion. All I need to know about you to come to that conclusion is contained in that particular thread.

You gave incorrect legal advice based on your experience as a 16-year old. Hard to be positive about that.

How is "it's nature vs nurture" negative?
    ItchyAndAnnoyed Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2010, 02:48 AM
    You aren't a bad person but you do need to talk to a counsellor. Sounds like your family is slkf-destructive and you are following their (your parents) trend, by makign your own cycle of self-destruction.

Break out of it, speak to your GP and someone at school about getting counselling and think about moving out or segregating yourself away from your family. Until you can deal with your own behaviour, you cannot cope with theirs-it will only fuel your own.

Unless you become violent towards other people or verbally abusive or emotionally abusive-watch that temper!- none of your actions so far indicate crimial or bad person. You need to make sure that you don't self-destruct further though otherwise you could start taking it out back on your family, or friends.

Don't be afraid to ask for help.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 10, 2010, 10:24 AM

You are not a bad person and won't end up being a criminal. You do have some problems with the attention deficit and the hypochondria - but you need to cut out all sugary items from your diet so you can start thinking clearly again. Most AHDH children consume way too much sugar and that results in their inadequite or short attention span. Taking drugs for this condition does not always help either. Do you drink a lot of soda every day? How about diet soda? If you do consume this stuff stop this immediately as that is one of the prime reasons you are experiencing the attention deficit in the first place.

And you need to remember that you don't have to become an alki like mom. She chose to drink. You can choose not to drink alcohol.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 10, 2010, 10:49 AM

Actually it is your moms business to stop you from hurting yourself, ( no matter how bad she may be) You become a bad person by the choices you make, You become and stay a good person by making the right choices
    kjoy82 Posts: 33, Reputation: 11

Dec 19, 2011, 06:45 AM
    When you see and experience all those bads things, try to think of it as a learning tool.
    They are teaching you how NOT TO BE!!

Growing up, I did not want to become one of those sad and unhappy people or family members.
    Deep down in my heart I knew that I wanted to be a better person (and it sounds like you are listening to your heart also!).

Today... (I am living proof) I am nothing like those people.

It's a decision that you have to make, so make the right one... be you, not them OK?
    You can be the better person...
    kjoy82 Posts: 33, Reputation: 11

Dec 19, 2011, 06:50 AM
    You also need to stop hurting yourself... you need to find and join a support group, find one that will help you and others who do cutting...
    You are not alone in this either... there are others like you. Do not be ashamed! Its nothing to be ashamed of.
    They will help you...
    Stay in touch and take care...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I am a bad person. [ 31 Answers ]

So about 2 years ago I dated this guy. I broke up with him after a month, and he went kind of crazy. He harassed me for like 2 months until my dad called him and threatened him to make him leave me alone. So he kept sending me all these apologies after that. After a few months I accepted his...

I'm getting my tongue done . I'm so scared . How bad does it hurt ? [ 1 Answers ]

Im getting my Tongue pierced at the end of the month . im 14 . and so scare . help . answer asap please

Am I really that bad of a person and will I ever forget? [ 4 Answers ]

I met this girl, she was wonderful, and I really thought we’d be together and friends forever. We did everything together and could talk all night pretty much every night and I couldn’t of asked for a better person….. ever. My life was perfect, if not better. I fell in love even though I never...

Am I a bad person? [ 4 Answers ]

About a year ago, a very close friend of mine was killed in a car crash, and for a while I was quite depressed about. But Within the past several months, now, I honestly fell like I don't even care that he's gone anymore. Not just that, its almost like I have no emotions, but I don't feel...

Bad luck, bad karma, or bad self-esteem? [ 5 Answers ]

I recently heard once again a comment I've heard many, MANY times over the past several years: "You and your husband have worse luck than anyone else I know!" and I have one question: "Why is that?" You see, just about the time we get to the point we can manage to keep up on all our monthly...

View more questions Search