Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sprint004 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2010, 12:42 PM
    What happens if I forget to include something in the sf-86?
    Hi,

I forget to record on SF86 which was for 10 years, it was criminal record on shoplifting and the status is dismiss, It occurred 9 years back which is falling within 10 years. I completely forget to mention in the SF86 form. Jj

Later on I get a call from investigator and I explained to him what happen, he told me I know how to answer this matter, do not worry, everything else looks good for you.

Now my question should it be a issue to get my BI for Federal job.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2010, 12:45 PM

I'm a former Federal employee - this would preclude you from getting a job in a law enforcement branch. What position have you applied for?

The arrest may or may not be important; the failure to disclose will.

A Federal background check will pull up anything and everything. The questions are asked of you to determine how truthful you are.

I am surprised that the investigator commented at all - they usually are not supposed to.

Why is this posted in Family Law?
    sprint004 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2010, 03:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    I'm a former Federal employee - this would preclude you from getting a job in a law enforcement branch. What position have you applied for?

The arrest may or may not be important; the failure to disclose will.

A Federal background check will pull up anything and everything. The questions are asked of you to determine how truthful you are.

I am surprised that the investigator commented at all - they usually are not supposed to.

Why is this posted in Family Law?
    Thank you so much Judy, this position is for Customs border and Prtection under DHS as a network security analyst position.

Yes I confirm with investigator as per him he never explain as falsification or hiding, it should not be in accept in that way as per his explanation.

Any feedback please.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2010, 05:39 PM

Guess what branch I worked for? Right - US Customs.

I am somewhat concerned by your rather poor grasp of English - you passed the Civil Service Exam for this position?

It will depend on who else applies and what their qualifications are. I would never say never.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I forget things I want to forget? [ 5 Answers ]

I really want to forget my last year combination but I just seem to have a photographic memory. Nobody else I know remembers there last year combination and I really want to not remember it but I just don't know how!!

Ineritence? Include? [ 1 Answers ]

In visual studio 05 I'm using visual basic and on one form (form1) I have a listbox called Pnames and on a different form (form2) I have a textbox where the user inputs their name, on that same form I have a button that when clicked I want the name in the textbox to be added to the list box in...

Prices do not include T/L/F. [ 2 Answers ]

Prices do not include T/L/F. anyone knows what it means when you buying a car

What not to include on a resume [ 0 Answers ]

Is it OK not to include on my resume a job that I had for 3 months which is not relevant to the position for which I'm applying? It was an entry level position that I took after my employer of 20 years went out of business. I took the job until I could find the job I really wanted because I...

View more questions Search