Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tonyboothe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2010, 12:18 PM
    How do I put myself up for adoption
    My family being mean and I want to leave forever. How do I put myself up for adoption so my friends family can adopt me?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2010, 12:30 PM

You go to Court and ask to be emancipated - once you are emancipated (your own person), then the other family can adopt you if they wish. The other family could also go to Court, prove the abuse, and ask for guardianship of you. There will undoubtedly be a Court battle but when there is evidence it is possible.

In order to be emancipated you must be 100% self supporting (employed), have a place to live (not with family or friends) and either have your education completed or have plans to do so.

Or you could simply discuss the situation with a third party, uninvolved adult (clergyperson, Physician, social worker, teacher) and try to resolve it that way OR you and your family could consult with a third person and find out why they are being mean.

For legal purposes - what mean things are they doing to you?
    LittleAmy Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Aug 10, 2010, 05:25 AM

One of the most important things is how old are you?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2010, 06:38 AM

How do you this as one of the most important factors?
    He's obviously under the age of majority and that's what matters.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I put my child up for adoption because that's what the father wants? [ 30 Answers ]

Im 18 years old and I just became pregnant. I deff. Don't want to have an abortion but I also don't want to give my child up for adoption because of the fact that someone else is going to take care of my child. The father of the kid thinks its best we put it up for adoption because it'll be better...

How do I put myself up for adoption [ 7 Answers ]

I am soooo sad! My mom is being kind of mean to me, and I want to be put up for adoption. My mom doesn't really care, but my dad said no in a split second! Help?

I want to put myself up for adoption [ 9 Answers ]

How do I put myself up for adoption?

My boyfriend wants me to put my baby up for adoption [ 37 Answers ]

I am 15 years old and about to have a baby,but my boyfriend wants me to put the baby up for adoption but I don't know if I should. I personally don't think it's a good idea and I really don't want to,but he keeps telling me I have to. I understand that he's not ready for a baby and nither am I...

View more questions Search