Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lruegger Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2010, 12:12 PM
    I have a 95 ford explorer that is having a problem with power goint to fuel pump
    I have a 95 ford explorer that is having a problem with power going to fuel pump, we replace the Oxygen sensors and the fuel pump and filter. It will start if it is jump started and it is getting power it tried to kick over however will not get fuel. What could cause this?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2010, 12:16 PM

If it starts, when it's jumped, try removing and fully charging or replacing the battery. Most auto parts stores will test and charge batteries for free. Also, check the fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay, located in the under hood fuse/relay box. Finally, locate the inertia switch and reset it. If the problem persists, check the ignition switch for wear, pitting, or melting.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

98 Ford Explorer ac problem [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 98 Ford explorer with 5.0 V8. Last year I experienced ac problems where it just quit blowing cold. I read forums on the internet about the accumulator being wrapped and rusting (which mine was pretty bad), so I replaced it. After I recharged the system it worked fine for about 3-4 weeks...

I accidentally put about 1 gallon of Diesel fuel into a 92 ford explorer, [ 1 Answers ]

I put one gallon of Diesel fuel into a regular unleaded 92 ford explorer. The tank is empty, should I fill the car with high Octane gas and some cleaners, or drain the tank?

1994 ford explorer 4x4 problem [ 1 Answers ]

1994 ford explorer 4wd don't work I can hear the relay clicking but never engages 4wd. It comes on sometimes but not very often.

92-92 civic no power to the fuel pump and no power or spark to the distributor [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, I have a 92-95 civic si. I am not getting any power to the fuel pump and no spark to the distributor. I have check all my sensors and have replaced the distributor. Checked the continuity to the distributor and all checks out good. I also have checked all grounds and all checked out all so....

Transmission Problem Ford Explorer Sport [ 3 Answers ]

My 97 explorer sport does not shift into overdrive. What is the problem?

View more questions Search