Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    djack Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2010, 09:31 AM
    Koehler single handle tub/shower handle leaks
    I have a koehler single handle tub/shower asselmbly. The faucet is in the tub, the shower head obviously above and the single handle is in the middle. You pull up on the lever to turn on the water and left to right for hot and cold. You do not have to put it back to center to turn off. Anyway. The leak is coming from the lever itself. I took off the screws holding the escutcheon but cannot remove it from over the lever in order to look any further and now I cannot replace it because I cannot rescrew it in. Even if I could, I cannot remove the lever itself it seems without breaking it in order to replace the washer. I do not want to break it and right now cannot afford a plumber just for a washer. I cannot use the tub or the shower for fear of letting water get into the wall now that the escutcheon is not sealed. This must be an easy fix and I just cannot see it.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Aug 9, 2010, 09:57 AM

Snap a photo of it an post it here... Milo
    djack Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2010, 03:06 PM
    I snapped the digital photo of the handle and of where it is leaking. As far as posting it, I will have to get my son to do that for me as soon as he gets in tonight. Thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stanadyne single handle tub&shower faucet repair [ 4 Answers ]

How do you dissassemble and where do you get repair parts. It leaks from behind the knob into the tub and behind, dripping onto lower level concrete (tri-level house).

Something broken inside my tub shower single handle faucet [ 8 Answers ]

This morning I noticed something strange with the faucet in my tub. It is a single handle tub shower faucet made by Moen. Rather then starting with the handle down in the off position and turning anti-clockwise to turn on, I need to turn it clockwise to turn on and anti-clockwise to turn off with...

Removing handle from a Moen single-handle shower [ 5 Answers ]

The shower is dripping and I am trying to get to the stem by removing the handle. I can see a set screw recessed into the bottom of the handle. I have tried an allen wrench but bent it without any success.

Re-install Moen single handle shower handle [ 12 Answers ]

My Moen shower handle came off. I see there is a set screw at the bottom of it. The handle attaches to a plastic piece; however, you have to pull out the plastic piece from the wall to get the handle to fit over the plastic and to give the set screw something to set into. How do I pull out...

Replacing Moen single handle- tub / shower [ 8 Answers ]

The handle on my Moen single handle tub / shower broke so I'm trying to replace It with a new one. There are "gears" inside a sleeve and I can't figure out how to put the new one on. While looking straight at faucet the hot turns counter clockwise. While turning clockwise the water gets cool...

View more questions Search