Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alterninja18 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2010, 09:05 AM
    Can a person get a good job with out a high school or ged diploma
    What kind of good jobs they will let you have?
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2010, 09:09 AM

There aren't that many options, except for the possibility of hard physical labor. Bartending, restaurant servers, construction workers, janitors, fast food workers, and things of that nature come to mind. However, due to the way the economy is going, people with MBAs are lining up for those jobs. For example, I just recently met a girl who just graduated from LAW SCHOOL working at a furniture store as a salesperson as she couldn't find a law firm to take her, even with decent grades.
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Aug 9, 2010, 09:16 AM

Let's see, now. College Graduates with a BS degree can't find work. Some with Master's can't

There are a couple of million people unemployed in this country who have both college degrees and work experience.

There are licensed contractors and tradesman (electricians – plumbers – carpenters) who cannot find work

What even makes you think that a high school diploma or a GED will get you a good paying job?

Keep your fanny and brain on school!
    harlykin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2011, 09:59 PM
    College is for people who want to work for other people. Lets be honest where are the vast majority of college graduates. They are holding down middle class jobs that may be paying the bills but in no way fulfill the dreams they had of being rich and wealthy. A college degree looks great on a resume but that's just about it. A college degree is only worth anything when your under a boss. The best way to get wealthy without going to college is to start a business. Most kids spends thousands of dollars on college for that same amount of money they could have opened a chain of stores. When you start a business you are your own boss so a degree doesn't matter.To answer your question many jobs that pay well and don't require a degree are high risk jobs(jobs that can possibly get you killed) Like Police Officer, Firefighter,Military, Lumber Jack, Oil Rig, Deep sea Fishermen.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grants for GED or high school diploma`s [ 3 Answers ]

Is there grants for online GED`s or high school diploma`s

Ged or high school help [ 3 Answers ]

I live in the woods of Alaska with no schools around me. Do you know any place I can get a high school diplomia online or GED that Alaska accepts and has its accreditations.

My High School GED [ 6 Answers ]

How do I get my high school GED?:)

High School Diploma [ 3 Answers ]

How can I retrieve my high school transcripts and a copy of my diploma?

View more questions Search