Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ageesris123 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2010, 08:13 AM
    I would like to know if a dentist can give a shot in the derrier for a gum surgery
    I was seeing this same dentist for a few different procedures and then came time for me to get gum surgery done and this would be my second time but this time he took me into his private office and told me that it would be a very painful procedure and he recommended I take a shot even though I told him I can take pain... and then when he kept going about it I was okay about it until he announced to that he would have to give me a shot in my derrier and I asked him if it was a joke and he seemed very serious which made me very uncomfortable I said that I can take the pain left his office did my surgery felt unreassured and never went back for anything else its been more than a year and now he has sent my file to a credit agency cause I did not go back to install the crown that they had made for me... what to do??
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2010, 08:16 AM

This is a legal question - what to do about the unpaid bill from the Dentist.

If you are suggesting you were sexually harassed the time to report the incident has long passed and is not a defense to failure to pay your bill.

It appears you have to recourses - pay and end this; don't pay and get a Judgment taken against you.

Aug 9, 2010, 08:31 AM
    Thank you for that but my ? Has nothing to do with payment I have no problem paying the bill once my new dentist takes a look at my file, rather my ? Is still about the dental board and are they allowed to give a shot in the *** to patients??

Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    This is a legal question - what to do about the unpaid bill from the Dentist.

If you are suggesting you were sexually harassed the time to report the incident has long passed and is not a defense to failure to pay your bill.

It appears you have to recourses - pay and end this; don't pay and get a Judgment taken against you.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2010, 08:42 AM

First, he didn't give you a shot in the buttocks so that question is moot.

If you reported his conduct at the time, yes, it is pertinent. Did you?

You asked: " now he has sent my file to a credit agency ..."

I assumed you were concerned about the bill.

You owe him whether he sends your file to your new Dentist or not. Depending on the State or Country he may be well within his rights to withhold your file until he is paid.

Contact the local Dental Association and report his behavior if you are unhappy.

Aug 9, 2010, 08:56 AM
    It is not a ? Of my bill or when I should have reported the issue, all I want to know is are dentists allowed to give you a shot or not in the *** that s all... thks

[UOTE=JudyKayTee;2473991]First, he didn't give you a shot in the buttocks so that question is moot.

If you reported his conduct at the time, yes, it is pertinent. Did you?

You asked: " now he has sent my file to a credit agency ..."

I assumed you were concerned about the bill.

You owe him whether he sends your file to your new Dentist or not. Depending on the State or Country he may be well within his rights to withhold your file until he is paid.

Contact the local Dental Association and report his behavior if you are unhappy.[/QUOTE]
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2010, 05:23 PM

I think it might depend on where you live. It's best that you call the dental licensing body of the state you live in and ask THEM that question.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My dentist placed a steel crown on my tooth and said to give it about a year.. [ 3 Answers ]

My dentist gave me a root canal about a year ago. I had bad pain from the injections of the anesthetics. I went by several times to have him check on it and he said he would like to wait to make sure everything was okay and that the tooth (what was left) did not crack or split. I had no...

Tubular breasts, surgery or no surgery? [ 28 Answers ]

Growing up I always hoped my weird looking breasts just hadn't fully developed but I'm now 21 and they're still the same. I didn't realise there was a medical name for my problem but recently I've been looking into surgery and was told I had tubular breasts. It's not so much the breast that I'm...

Can Someone Give Me Some Info On Laser Eye Surgery? [ 15 Answers ]

Can someone give me some information on laser eye surgery? Such as how they do it, does it work most times, how does it feel, painful? How much is it and such. Or some other kind, perhaps, safer, less expensive, way of correcting bad vision? Thanks~!

Need to give this one last shot. [ 29 Answers ]

Little background... I've known this girl for 2 years... Last 3-4months we've been dating and then began a relationship. It's been basically up and down a lot. Knowing her as friend is totally different then knowing her now. I've realized that she has issues that I'm not getting at all... My...

Can you give your dog a bath before he gets a rabie shot? [ 2 Answers ]

My dog needs a bath but he gets a rabies shot tomorrow. My mom said that he couldn't have a bath until so many hours before he gets the shot. Is this true?

View more questions Search