Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    moneth Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2010, 06:17 AM
    What is the penalty for a husband that abandoned his wife?
    What is the penalty for a husband that abandoned his wife?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 9, 2010, 06:44 AM

I don't think there is any penalty. Get a divorce. I guess he was taking the cheapest and easiest way out of your relationship.

Tic k
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2010, 09:27 AM

It depends on the state and what you mean by abandoned. More details are required to answer this properly.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 9, 2010, 09:32 AM

Abandonment of a spouse and children is not a prosecutable crime in most areas. What it is is grounds for divorce. However, it will not be looked at kindly by the courts when deciding support, distribution of assets, visitation etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Husband tries to kill wife, wife gets plastic surgery and comes back 4 revenge. [ 4 Answers ]

I am trying to find this movie title... its back in the 70s, 80's... I believe the name Eve is in the title... Its about a married elite couple who gets married and the husband only marries her for money... he than tries to have her killed and he thinks she's dead... but she lives and ends up...

Abandoned house [ 1 Answers ]

How can I find out if an abandoned house is for sale?

Wife on dependent visa and husband dies, can wife stay in UK? [ 1 Answers ]

Husband worked in UK for 7 yrs and wife has worked here about 5. Wife is on dependent visa. Husband got seriously ill and died recently. Is wife allowed to still stay in UK? What should she do to be able to stay? Can she apply for permanent residence? Husband is buried to UK and wife would like to...

Bi-polar, infertile husband, gives up on wife and life. (by wife) [ 17 Answers ]

I got married nearly 4 years ago. Recently I found out that my husband is bi-polar and has pathological lying disorder. Just before that. We took was out $27,000 for IVF treatment, and long story short he stopped working and would not get a job, created debt, lied about it etc. While I was going...

View more questions Search