Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    creslove2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2006, 08:34 AM
    Runny eye
    :confused:

My cat, Rex. Is a big black cat. Yesterday I noticed his eye is running. It is not puffy or discolored. It is like his one eye is slowly crying. I think maybe he has dust or something in his eye. Can I use contact solution to wash out his eye without hurting him?
    holz1 Posts: 12, Reputation: 3

Dec 20, 2006, 11:57 AM
    Noooooo! Contact solution is not for cleaning eyes! It's a sterile solution for keeping your contacts from drying out or getting dirty! Damp a bit of kitchen towel with slightly salty water and gently rub it over her eye. Then go 2 tha vet 4 an eyedrop as this may be a telltale sign of something more serious.
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2006, 12:50 PM
    Actually our brother in law is a vet and he says to just wipe the cats eye with optrex its basically the same as what the vet will charge you the earth to get from them when you can go buy it for the quarter of the price.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cat has runny eye [ 5 Answers ]

? I was wondering if someone could tell me if they know what could cause a runny eye in cats. About 2 days ago, I noticed that my cats left eye started running. It is a clear liquid, so I don't know if she just got something in it and it is running or what. I was wondering if anyone had any advice...

Eye contact [ 3 Answers ]

What does it mean when a guy does not always keep eye contact with you when you hang around them, or on a date wth them; but still wants to see you? What does it mean when a guy says " Your eyes are seductive; your eyes pull me in and it's hard to look at you sometimes, or keep a glaze". Are...

Kitten with runny eye [ 2 Answers ]

My cat has a litter of five kittens. They are about 7 weeks old. I have noticed two of them have runny eyes. There is absolutely so nasal discharge and they are still eating, drinking and playing, they appear to be acting normally. How can I get rid of the runny eyes? Is there a medication I...

Runny eye in Border Collie [ 1 Answers ]

My 8 yr old Border Colie has got a very runny eye (clear discharge) and some localised hair loss around the eye. I was hoping someone could help me regarding what the problem might be.

View more questions Search