Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Quoolbreeze Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2010, 02:28 AM
    Are the US dollar notes with small head presidents worth more than face value.
    US dollar notes with large drawn presidents vs. bills w/ small drawn presidents what are they worth? The last recent change in the US dollar design made the presidents image much larger. Are the older bills with the small head presidents worth more money now?
    I want to know whether to take the bills into a bank to get more money than face value or just spent the little head president bills just like the others?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2010, 12:55 AM
    Hi, Quoolbreeze!

What are the years printed on the older paper currency that you have, please? It makes a big difference also as to the graded condition of the older currency as to what they're worth beyond that of the denominational value.

It can take a number of years before any currency made is worth more than what it's listed as a denomination.

Thanks!
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2010, 08:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Quoolbreeze View Post
    US dollar notes with large drawn presidents vs. bills w/ small drawn presidents what are they worth? The last recent change in the US dollar design made the presidents image much larger. Are the older bills with the small head presidents worth more money now?
    I want to know whether to take the bills into a bank to get more money than face value or just spent the little head president bills just like the others?
    QUOOLBREEZE- THis is a first that IV'e heard of on this '. But I'm trying to get in touch with a special person that might know the answer but the only thing that vcould really cause this to hsappen is that it is a paper money ERROR;at least ity has not even came out in this years book yet and I would not be afried to say that there will not be any thing on this in next years book. You would not want to take it to a bank anyhow ;; YOU WOULD RAN A AD IN THE NEWS PAPER ;; Have a great night and a better tomorrow and GOD BLESS ;;F.B.E.
    fritzjunhior Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2014, 04:04 PM
    I have several banker teller friends and all say when the banks get these small head presidet bills, they are separated from the other bills and sent to the Federal Reserve mint for replacement. The mints destroy these older small head president bills and they are not put back into circulation. For that reason, I would speculate and keep any small head bills. I have over $12,000 in small head bills in my safe deposit box. I am 63 years old and I assume they will not increase in value during my lifetime but I collect them anyway maybe for my wife or our heirs. For some reason, the fifty dollar small head bils are by far less common that the others. The twenty collar bill is by far the most common one I find. I do not collect the one dollar small head bill because it does not seem to be affected as they are as prevalent as ever, but it will take a very long time for these bills to become rare and as of now they are still only worth their face value. Even if they become rare and uncommon, I don't anticipate the value to be much more than the face value. For example, a small head $5.00 bill might command $6.00 more or less one day in the far future. So, it is purely speculation what future value they may have if any to a collector. My recommendation would be keep them if you don't need the money now. They will still be worth their face value regardless many years from now so you can't lose in that sense.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How much is a sheet of 4 uncut G series 1976 2 dollar star notes worth? [ 7 Answers ]

I have a sheet of 4 uncut 1976 2 dollar bills that I bought at the mint in D.C. years ago. They are star notes and are from the Chicago branch making them G series. Any idea what they are worth?

How much is a five dollar silver certificate worth [ 7 Answers ]

I have a old $5.00 bill printed in green numbers and series 1950b

What's my two dollar bill worth [ 1 Answers ]

I have two $2.00 bills that are dated 1976. On one of them my grandfather wrote at the bottom 4-13-1976 1st issue. I will call this one A. The issuing bank is a "G" on banknote A with the serial number G12037878A. In the upper left corner across from the 7 is B4 and on the right bottom hand side is...

What is the worth of Confederate Lost Cause with notes [ 6 Answers ]

What is the worth (for insurance coverage) of an original print of the Confederate "Lost Cause" poem. The frame measure approx 31" x 25". Around the poem are origianl Confederate notes: a one dollar, two dollar, five dollar, ten dollar, twenty dollar, fifty dollar, one hundred dollar and a five...

View more questions Search