Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    river0527 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2010, 06:06 PM
    Current forensic scientist please reply...
    Hi, I am wanting to pursue a career in forensics. What is it like to be a forensic scientist? How much is pay? Please reply!!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 8, 2010, 06:47 PM

What kind of forensics -- pathology, psychology, anthropology?

Here's the index of the U.S. federal government's online version of the Occupational Outlook Handbook. You can chose an occupation and read up on training, education, work conditions, salary, the future of the job --

http://www.bls.gov/oco/ooh_index.htm
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 8, 2010, 06:51 PM

And what is your education, what work in the field have you done.
    And in most of these fields it is the love for the work, not the money
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2010, 11:37 AM

Check out the following website:

Forensic Science | Forensics Education, Credentials, and Courses

It is for the American College of Forensic Examiners International, which I am a member of. This site will be able to answer a lot of your questions about certifications and careers in forensics.
    poeticmelody Posts: 23, Reputation: 8

Sep 10, 2010, 04:50 AM
    I think F R Chuck is correct; the majority of people working in the Forensic Sciences industry do not earn a great deal of money, however, I am sure the earnings are, generally, well above the national average. I would say, people in the pathology side of Forensics will earn good money, a supervising Forensic Scientist will earn good money too. But it is for the love of Science, and more specifically, the application of many different areas of Science to law enforcement.
    If you have a big interest in Chemistry, then you won't go far wrong, as a lot of Forensics is heavily Chemistry based. I myself, am studying Forensics with Anthropology and I love it.
    I think that if you are going into this profession for the wrong reasons then you will hate it. If you have a genuine love for Chemistry, Biology or Medicine, or whatever specific area of Forensics you decide, then you will do very well. People, whom their prime motivator is money, don't really go into Forensics.
    But, saying that, I am sure that there are lots of privately owned Forensics companies that pay very well. If you have a medical degree, or a phd then you will always earn good money.
    I'm sorry I can't give you any exact figures, you need to be more specific in what area of Forensics you wish to pursue. Take care and good luck :>)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to reply to a reply in this website? [ 5 Answers ]

I posted a question in AMHD. Someone replied but asked ME a question. I didn't know how to reply to him. Can someone help me?

Here's the scientist opinion. What's yours? [ 1 Answers ]

Harvard scientist: Those mocking pontiff's stand are wrong Posted: March 23, 2009 9:58 pm Eastern By Drew Zahn © 2009 WorldNetDaily A senior Harvard research scientist confirmed that Pope Benedict XVI, who endured heavy criticism for declaring that condom distribution programs worsen the...

Social Scientist [ 2 Answers ]

Can Someone Please Tell Me What A Social Scientist Is And What They Do And Things Like That? :] Thankooh ^-^

Scientist Experiments [ 3 Answers ]

Why do Scientist do experiments more than once

View more questions Search