Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2010, 04:32 AM
    Old old coin
    Not sure if this is the right rection, but I didn't spot an antiques forum

My grandad recently passed away and while sorting through his stuff my dad came across an old coin, apparently from the 'Elizabeth 1st' era I was wondering if anybody would know how what it would be and how much it would be worth or any place I could find out?

Obviously pictures would be more helpful and when I get any ill load them
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 8, 2010, 05:01 AM

Well, albear, you know as well as I do that any coin from that time frame is going to be worth something, but you will definitely have to find a coin collector in the UK you can authenticate it, (authenticating being the first step) and then knowing the value and there will be some value.

tick
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2010, 05:04 AM

Yea I presumed so, I was hoping for any recommended sites to get it identified as to what it is
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2010, 05:07 AM

Elizabeth 1st silver 6 pence 1562

A rose mark on the right hand side of the head, theon mark?

Fine condition

That's what I've just been told my dad reckons it is.
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2010, 10:37 PM

ALBEAR-HERE IS A LITTLE HISTORY ON THIS COIN AND QUEEN ELIZABETH THE FIRST::: #1)- Her raign as Queen started in the year 1558 to 1603,dyring this time she was put on the coins of ENGLAND
    THE 6 pence coin first came out durning the raign of { HENRY THE V111}His reign started in the year 1509-1547}{VALUE for that time was ( $7.50)-durning the time of {QUEEN ELIZABETH ,THEW value was ( $15.00},the rose as you al call it was at that time of [ king Henry , was on the left side of the head ][, between the tome that the QUEEN was in and ( KING James the first was in ,[from 1603 - 1645 ][ During this time the (ROISAE WS ON THE ,RIGHT SIDE of the head}:: When coins were first started they started being { MILLED ) ;up to this time they were done by { hand hammered by by hand ][ just as they were first done in ancient times}.- using thir methods]::, Durning this time THE { VALUE of these coins had dropped down to ( $3-50 } { JAMES 1,was from 1603 to 1645;; I HOPE THAT I HAVE HELPED YOU A LITTLE ANYHOW::: YOU WANTED TO know where you could go to do some checking on this coin that you have}{ GO TO YOUR LOCAL LIBERY AND GO TO THE DESK AND TELL THEM YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE SOME OLD BOOKS ON COINESfrom ENGLAND< and the year of the coin you haveit will be a book on { WORLD COINS, DATEING BACK TO THOSE YEARS:: <MINE ONLY GOES BACK TO {1701] and the one you will need will end at 1700; I do have a nother book ,printed in 1960 by the name of { WORLDS MOST POPULAR COINS-by REINFELD; that is where I found what I did on this coin :: IF I can be of anymore helpjust come on back and holler HAVE a great night and a bertter topmorrow and GOD BLESS:: F.B.E.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Coin value [ 3 Answers ]

What is the value if any for a 1951 wheatback penny?

Old coin [ 3 Answers ]

How much would an 1899 quarter be worth?

Value of a coin [ 2 Answers ]

I have a coin that appears to be silver, the size of a siver dollar. On one side of the coin it says, " Mayflower '70 " on the bottom," 1620-1970" and profile of a boat on the reverse side, there are 2 winged houses holding a family crest with a ribbon banner under it saying "Ged Be Ovr Friend" ....

F-16 coin [ 2 Answers ]

My dad(before he died) was given a coin with the f-16 fighting falcon on one side and the seal of the Republic of The Marshall islands on the reverse. Its says 5 dollars on the front and back and was made in 1995. I am looking for anyone who knows anything about this coin and/or its real worth.

Old Coin [ 5 Answers ]

I have come across many old coins and some old bills. I was wondering what a 1945 and a 1941 Lincoln Penny might be worth, if anything. This is my first time using this service, if more detail is needed let me know.

View more questions Search