Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lilsking94 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2010, 09:16 PM
    Thinking my house is haunted just tell me what you think? Thanks for your time!
    Okay I'm 15 and I'm living with my parents and my little sister. So I just moved into my new house in a new town at the start of summer and I believe its haunted! My mother said she saw a picture move off the wall and back on to the wall. I hear unexplained footsteps in the living room and kitchen at night or when I'm the only one home. I have a 2 story house and the basement I think is the creepiest when I start to walk down the stairs I feel like there is someone next to me and little beady eyes watch me when I walk down the stairs. It scares me at times I believe it is some type of demon of some sort because I was told by a friend that black unexplained shadowy figures are demons. Well the other day I was in the living room with my cat on the couch and I look in front of me and I see in my sun room behind a thick curtain a black figure walking it sent chills up my spine. I don't know what to do I tried to get my parents to have the church come and bless the house but they say I'm crazy for thinking such thing. The day before that I was laying in bed with the lights dimmed and the T.V. off and I heard something next to me and it sounded like it was opening up its mouth over and over again slowly. Just comment back and tell what you think.
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Aug 7, 2010, 09:30 PM

Hello Lil,

I'm not an expert on ghosts or the unexplained, however, I do believe in them...

I feel as if there are things going on in my home as well. I live in a 3600 sq ft home that have nothing but walls and tile all through out it. When I first moved here, I felt something... Nothing bad, just something. Especially in the dining room. I had gotten to know my neighbors and one lady down the street had told me that there was a family who lived here in this house 10 years ago, and they were all eating dinner and the son (early) twenties calmly got up from the table, went to the window, and right in front of his family, without a warning shot himself... That happened in the dining room, the same room where I feel it the most. I have lived in my house for a while, and I feel at ease with him, it.

I don't let it bother me. Yes, I hear and feel things, never saw, but hear and feel it.

Funny, I have come to the conclusion he is not a threat and he lives here too. I am not afraid.

I do, however, have a friend who will not come over, because he has a bad feeling. Oh well.

I have heard that if you burn sage through out your house, that it will get rid of it... You could try that.

Aug 7, 2010, 09:36 PM
    I tried to ask my neighbors and they said one of their sons got chocked in the basement and I also heard things fly off the wall but I'm alone in this whole demon thing my parents say I'm so crazy... but the people that lived here before us they were very witchy they played with Ouija boards a lot that's what I heard.
    Welbeing Expert

Aug 7, 2010, 09:40 PM

What did your Mother say about the picture coming off the wall then back on?

Aug 7, 2010, 09:43 PM

She didn't say anything about it? I think she was just shocked
    Welbeing Expert

Aug 7, 2010, 09:50 PM

Have you ever tried to ignore it? The mind is a powerful thing. So some times when you are thinking too hard, you see and hear things that aren't even there, and you start to scare yourself even more.

Have you tried ignoring it? Keeping yourself busy and trying not to think about it could really help. Or else you will freek yourself out, and for no reason.

Also, just because you feel something, doesn't mean it is a demon or will hurt you.

Aug 7, 2010, 09:53 PM

Yeah true your right. Thanks for the advice I hope its just my immagination
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2010, 10:05 PM
    When my ex and I were house shopping (we are both trained and degreed in the sciences, btw) we had an agreement...

If we found a fantastic house... but one of us was weirded out by it... there was no argument in nixing the deal. The theres-something-evil-there card was an all out trump card.

My childhood home... occasionally I felt a very angry presence in the basement or at the door leading to the stairs to the basement. One time I woke from a dead sleep and felt called to open the back landing door and I stopped inches from it. I couldn't do it. And I wasn't, like 6... I was 16. It wasn't constant... but I occasionally felt compelled to need to leave that basement immediately.

For years I had played in that basement with no real issues... but a time came when something wasn't right there, on occasion.

Might just have been me. Might have been my body chemistry changing and my thinking changing.

Whatever.

The icky house rule is solid.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My house is haunted! [ 17 Answers ]

I've always had ghostly experiences since I was 2 years old. I am 51 now. We just purchased another home 5 months ago. The very first night we stayed here (my gr'daughter and I) hubby was out of state working, we were going to sleep in one of the bedrooms.I heard a bunch of whispering, like a...

Is my house haunted ? [ 45 Answers ]

Is my house haunted? Things keep moving around ill put them in one place then ill find them in another. My little boy who is autistic sees things but he can't tell me what he's seeing but stares and giggles. I hear my name called but when I ask who's shouting me no one in house has. I get strange...

Is my house haunted? Tell me [ 2 Answers ]

Every time I am alone I feel like there is someone watching me and sometimes feel cold brezze go by me when the heat is on.I sometimes hear voices, my grandma and uncle died.I sometimes see white things moving in the night when all the lights are off, I think my cat senes because her eyes get real...

Is my house haunted [ 2 Answers ]

I live in manchester... I would like to know if my house is haunted, I get cold patches at the top and bottom of my bed even though it right next to a radiator, I have a dark tall shadow at the end of my bed. Is my house haunted?

Is my house haunted [ 2 Answers ]

I live in springfield road brighton .and I think I have a ghost here,can you find out any information if it is :eek:

View more questions Search