Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pmthur5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2010, 04:41 PM
    How do you know the spark plug is bad on the weedeater lawnmower
    How do you know if the spark plug is bad on a weedeater lawnmower?
    kryostar Posts: 108, Reputation: 11

Aug 8, 2010, 11:03 AM
    Remove the spark plug,be very careful to keep socket strait so you don't break spark plug.inspect plug,check for cracks excessive carbon buildup,clean with wire brush and solvent,gap should be about.035 of an inch or fold a match book cover over two times thickness of three reinsert spark plug tip in rubber boot spark plug wire,hold metal part of plug to metal part of engine,engage safety handle and pull start rope,you should see a little blue spark across the gap,be careful to only hold rubber boot or you might get a shock,non lethal,just doesn't feel good.It kind of tricky you need two people, or you have to tie the safety handle down so you can pull the start rope and hold the plug to metal and pull the cord and watch for the spark.if your in doubt just buy a new plug for two or three bucks from a hardware, or auto parts store,have them gap the plug,they should be gaped from the factory but it's a good idea to double check,and install the new plug don't over tighten,or cross thread,screw it in by hand,then final tightening with socket and ratchet. REMEMBER (CLOCKWISE ROTATION TIGHTENS)(COUNTER CLOCKWISE LOOSENS) have fun, trouble shooting small engines is so much fun!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Spark Plug Gap for B & S/Weedeater Model 500 [ 1 Answers ]

I have that same Weedeater lawn mower Model 500 and I am trying to find the spark plug gap size?

Sears Riding Lawnmower #917.273130--where's the spark plug located? [ 3 Answers ]

Thanks to everyone's suggestions, I have put in a new fuel filter, drained and replaced the gas, changed the oil, put in a new battery and air filter and oil filter. Sears Lawn Tractor 917.273130 still won't start. I cannot find where the spark plug is located. I have a new one, but can't...

Honda lawnmower spark plug [ 2 Answers ]

My girlfriend bought a honda 3011 mower that won't fire. I think the plug may be fouled. Does anyone know the model from the factory? I want to try and see if that works.

Lawnmower - Briggs 7 HP - no spark to plug [ 1 Answers ]

The plug is not sparking on my Briggs 7 HP lawnmower, what is wrong, what should I check?

Lawnmower won't turn over with spark plug in take it out it turns over [ 1 Answers ]

I have a sears craftsman 16 hp briggs and stratton it won't turn over with spark plug in it will with the spark plug out. What is wrong with it .

View more questions Search