Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kryostar Posts: 108, Reputation: 11

Aug 7, 2010, 03:20 AM
    Research Help wood box ( Pateted 1889 February 18 )
    I have a small wooden box that has a oval with ( Patented 1889 February 18 ) branded on one side. The box is rectangular in shape 6X3 inches, but the unique thing about it is the way it opens, it sort of rolls open, it has two brass inlaid hinges, not regular hinges, they are strips with a pin going threw the ends. 8 hinges total . It has green velvet inside, and I can see where something was screwed inside originally it still has a chrome strip down the middle with little hooks numbered 1-6. I think it's oak. I looked online patent storm but nothing went back that far, could anyone instruct me on where to research this interesting little box, have never seen one open up like this, it rolls out flat except for the triangle pieces on each end, it looks like some dentist or doctor, draftsman , some delicate little tools, any ideas? Thank You and be QUIXOTIC :eek:
    ChrystalC Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2011, 05:40 PM
    I have the same box that I'm hoping to find out more about! Have you found an answer yet?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Mar 17, 2011, 05:40 PM

I think I have 1 that I believe is for drafting instruments, compass etc...
    Mine has a pin that runs through the end almost invisible, and needs to be pulled out slightly or all the way to open. I will check later, which.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the value of a smith and wesson springfield 1889 [ 1 Answers ]

what is the value of a smith and wesson spring field pat oct1880 april1889 what would be a good resale amount

Box Wood shrubs turning brown [ 2 Answers ]

We have a row of box wood shrubs which we planted several years ago along the front of our house. Recently a number of them at one end have started to turn brown and dry. What could be causing this and what is the solution to restore them? Thanks snowlong:confused:

What's Wrong With My Japanese Box Wood Shrub ? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello... First, I have to come out of closet : I am NOT a gardener. About 2 months, we have planted about 60 Japanese Boxwood shrubs to fill-in spaces between hardscape columns. . About 4-5 weeks ago we had few very hot days. Then, I noticed about 1/3 of the newly planted shrubs were losing its...

Pizza box on wood coffee table [ 3 Answers ]

Well, as you can tell my the title, we did something stupid - we put a hot pizza box on the coffee table and we have a nice big stain. I've heard a steam iron will work; however, I don't own one. I've also heard toothpaste and ashes work; however, we don't smoke and we don't have a fireplace. ...

View more questions Search