Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    princesschelsea Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2010, 10:54 PM
    I really like this guy.
    I really like this guy. I met him a couple of years ago, then we lost touch. I found him on FB and said "remember me?...He replied with "of course I do how could I forget." To make a long story somewhat shorter we got together had some drinks and kissed. That was it. I asked him to come to a bar by me on a Sat nite because my best friend was singing in a band. I got no response, but he did text me out of the blue and said that he may be able to make it sat, but he had to see if the ex would take his daughter. He didn't call, show, nothing. So maybe a month or so later I get a text message asking what im up to& if I wanted to get together. I told him I was in CA (I really was). Then he asked when im coming back. I told him on Sat ...then nothing. Another month or so I get a FB message saying something like "Hey beautiful... been down my way?" We went back and fourth for awhile and then he said "when do you want to get together. I foget what happened... OH we made plans for mon after he got off week. I went down and hung out at a bar and texted him saying I was in the area... It was about 5. He said "im off soon i'll text u then" Then nothing... by this time it was about 7. I texted him I was heading home. Later that night I got a text saying he was sooo sorry his friend had flipped his jeep and he had to go to the hosp with him. I said it was not a big deal.. and just left it. IDK I just get these spuratic texts from him and I don't know what to make of it. We got together a couple days ago for like an hr because he had a baseball game he was in. and haven't heard from him since. So do I write to him or text? When we left he said we have to do this again soon and pointed at me when he said it.
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Aug 7, 2010, 12:42 AM
    What is it you like about someone who seems to be at best rude , in not informing you he wouldn't be showing up to arranged meetings?

He gives you little or no consideration by what you've said.

I don't understand the attraction.

Wait for him, don't you do anything and see what happens. I think if he were really interested there would be more contact and he would show up when he says he will.

How well do you know him? Are you sure he's single?

talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 7, 2010, 07:41 AM

Bad timing, or bad manners, maybe both. Why waste any more time on a sometime text buddy?

I would have no high hopes, or expectations from such a busy fellow, as he has other priorities, and so should you. Make no time for anyone that can't make time for you.

Give someone else the chance that you have given him, as he blew his, don't you think? I do.
    positiveparent Posts: 1,136, Reputation: 291
    -

Aug 10, 2010, 11:39 AM

Yes drop him don't bother texting him he's not all that keen you're probably filling in time, and he hasn't even got the decency to let you know, dump him he's a waster. Find yourself a nice real genuine guy. If there's any left.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2010, 06:53 AM

Don't put yourself through the frustration of a rude, ill-mannered guy.

Things do happen and sometimes you can't meet up with a person, but there is absolutely no excuse for him to not call or text you to tell you he wasn't coming.

Are you sure he's even telling you the truth? Is it possible that he has a girlfriend that he's not able to break away from?

I'd forget him. I'd ignore his texts just like he's ignored yours and move on.
    princesschelsea Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2010, 10:54 PM

I know he's not attached. He just broke it off with a girlfriend a couple of months ago. Even said on his Facebook he was now single. Then it looked like she deleted him or something, then friended him back and then deleted again. I mean he has a daughter he has full custody of. He is a very busy guy between work, his daughter, he plays sports. I mean when I text or write him on fb, and he does answer me back, he'll be like "when can we get together?" I say "whenever" and he's like why don't you meet me now... and I'll just be texting or emailing out of the blue. Iv'e been to his aptmt before. Nothing out of the ordinary, the place was a sty so I know that there isn't a woman in the picture... lol. I'm talking bad. Anyway, I don't know if I should delete him off my fb or just wait until he contats me again and get together and talk which is what I would really like to do. However I'm not going to be the needy initiator. Idk if deleting him off my Facebook would catch his attn.
    descoladan Posts: 8, Reputation: 3

Aug 15, 2010, 11:38 AM

Im sure you deserve a better guy than this. He isn't treating you right and seems to be extremely rude. Don't let yourself get pushed around by this guy and let him walk all over you. Move on to a guy that will actually appreciate you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gay guy falling in love with straight guy [ 11 Answers ]

So I've been working with this guy for about year and half. He's has with two kids with his live-in girlfriend. I'm a single gay. Everyday at work, we flirt a lot, he tells me that he loves me, he tells me that I'm cute, he's even asked me if I wanted to see his penis. What does this mean? Is...

Do you know any straight guy falling in love with a gay guy? [ 8 Answers ]

I would like to know if there is any straight guy falling in love with a gay guy? If so, how was it possible? Can a straight guy do so?

What is the difference between an interested guy and a nice guy? [ 8 Answers ]

Like what is the difference? Esp if he’s the kind of guy who is nice, friendly, helpful and kind to everyone? =/ I've met guys like these types and they always send out very ambiguous signals. So I ain't sure anymore. And if he’s the shy type I get it, but I tend to attract the extroverted,...

Gay/Bi/Bicurious guy attracted to a Straight Guy [ 8 Answers ]

I'm not the best at this, but I'll give it a good shot! I'm a guy (may explain why I'm not good at this!), 19 years old and live in New Zealand. August 2008 - Offered a brilliant job, was so surprised I'm one of the youngest in the country to ever have the position!! Obviously said yes,...

Confused, stuck between the guy I love and the guy I like [ 9 Answers ]

OK so I've been dating this guy for almost 9 months, and our relationship really hasn't been the best ( cheating involved), well ever since like the 3rd or 4th month of our relationship me and one of his guy friends have been kind of flirty.. we text each other randomly and when me and my boyfriend...

View more questions Search