Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babybluz Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2010, 07:04 PM
    How do I tell my mom I need a bra
    Hi, I am 11, my mom and I aren't exactly close, all my life I have been hideing my feeligns and letting them out whe I'm alone, so my parents don't expect me to ask questions like can we go shopping for bras, which I really have to, what do I do?? :(

Bablybluz
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 6, 2010, 07:05 PM

She is a girl too. Hasn't she noticed?

Aug 6, 2010, 07:08 PM

You but its embaressing to me and I have to tell her before school starts that's only in a cpuple weeks... :(
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 6, 2010, 07:19 PM

She HAS noticed? Why is it embarrassing to ask her? If anything, you need one to cover your nipples under knit tops and so you don't look naked under blouses. It's good sense, and not even an embarrassing sex thing.

How about writing her a short note and leaving it in the bathroom (or somewhere) where she will see it?
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2010, 08:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    She HAS noticed? Why is it embarrassing to ask her? If anything, you need one to cover your nipples under knit tops and so you don't look naked under blouses. It's good sense, and not even an embarrassing sex thing.

How about writing her a short note and leaving it in the bathroom (or somewhere) where she will see it?
    That's a great idea. You could just bring her in your room and tell her.
    Mother's do wear bras.:)
    unluckynut Posts: 294, Reputation: 23

Aug 7, 2010, 03:04 AM

Maybe if you're having a hard time talking to her about it, try on some clothes and ask her how it looks. Maybe even try something on that really shows too much through the top. This way she can say something. Hey I got my first bra from Santa, in my stocking.That was no fun but it was memorable!
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Aug 7, 2010, 04:57 AM

Do you shop at big box stores like walmart or sears or anything like that? When you do your back to school shopping just be sure to look at them and maybe pick a few out. If you don't know your size they can help you in those departments. Also you might feel comfortable with picking a sport bra and that can get the conversation started. As many things in life its not just about comfort level when talking to your parents. Sometimes the most uncomfortable moments also can be the most memorable. Good Luck and happy shopping.

Aug 7, 2010, 01:04 PM

Thanks for the ideas everyone and ill will try to build more confadents and tell her. :)
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2010, 01:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by babybluz View Post
    Thanks for the ideas everyone and ill will try to build more confadents and tell her. :)
    Do it today. She's probably waiting for you to ask. Wow you all can go on a shopping spree... not just for bras ,but clothes and cute jewelry. Good Luck.:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How do I ask my mom if I need a bra [ 11 Answers ]

Hi I am 11 and I just want to ask my mom if when could I get a bra but she always says no. I need help to show my mom that I need a bra. How dob I tel her?

How do I ask my mom for me top wear a bra? [ 39 Answers ]

I am 11 and I want to wear just a little padded bra but I have no idea how to ask my mom she brings it up all the time but I never have the courage to say can we get me a bra I just don't like to say bra around her unless its about someone else SO HELP ME ANY IDEAS ON HOW TO ASK HER MY A BRA?...

Black Bra/White Tee; White Bra/White Tee [ 17 Answers ]

Do you girls usually wear a black bra with a white t-short or do u wear a white bra with a white t-short? Or yellow tee w/ a black bra? Share. I don't get it

View more questions Search