Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ccrider175 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2010, 06:01 PM
    2005 17 hp briggs gas in cylendar, why?
    Why does gas run out when I remove the spark plug? Hard to start and cranks a lot. New plug, adjusted valve claerances.
    jsfocke Posts: 310, Reputation: 37

Aug 6, 2010, 06:29 PM

Carburetor problem. Stuck or damaged float needle valve. You will need to clean, rebuild or replace the carburetor

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What Gas What Oil for a briggs and stratton [ 7 Answers ]

I just bought a murray 11/36 riding mower with a briggs and stratton engine, mind you I am a city boy from northern California, and I don't know a thing about riding mowers. What type of gas do I use and what kind of oil do I use? I do know in a regular mower I use unleaded gas and 2 cycle oil.

2005 Ford Explorer not taking gas [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2005 Ford Explorer that when I stop at a gas station (any station)and try to pump gas into the tank it does not want to take the gas,I have to pump it really slow or the gas will shoot back up at me all over the place.Does anyone have any idea why this is doing this? Thanks in advance !...

Briggs and Stratton Gas Leak [ 1 Answers ]

I have a pressure washer that has a Briggs and Stratton engine that is leaking gas. I filled the gas tank out and found out that gas is leaking out through the air filter. I looked at the gas hose going from the tank to the carb. And it looked good. I took the air filter off and saw that gas was...

5 hp briggs only runs when you pour gas in carb [ 1 Answers ]

I got a briggs motor somewhere between 5 and 6 hp. When I put a little gas in the carburater it sucks it in and then will start after a few pulls for about 30 seconds but when it runs out of the gas I pour in it dies then won't star. IF I give it half to full throtle it revs but it won't idle by...

12 hp Briggs Stratton Getting too much gas [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 12 hp B&S engine. So far I have can gget it running, but when I push the choke all the way in it appears to flooding with fuel. Have cleaned the Carb and checked all linkage. Also when the engine has sit overnight it will start up and run fine, but after a few minutes it will flood...

View more questions Search