Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    grandpa6 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2010, 01:59 PM
    MTD yard machine model # 13af6088062 belt layout with springs
    Hi, need to know belt layout on a mtd yard machine.. model #13af6088062... 42 # cut, 17. Hp, I want to change belt #7540497, but need to know how belt goes on and where springs go to connect... any help would be appreciated thks Walt W Florida
    grandpa6 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2010, 02:02 PM

Need to know belt layout on a mtd yard machine.. model #13af6088062.. 42#cut. 17.hp I want to change belt # 7540497, but need to know how belt goes on and where springs connect... thnks Walt Florida
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Aug 7, 2010, 04:25 AM
    Hi,
    You have your model number wrong for firsts; 13AF608G062 is correct best I can tell. How I know is that the "AF" are year, etc. codes and the "G" is the 42" deck.
    Your owners manual is available online from MTD at:
    PDF Manual Web Archive
    And use a 1 as the serial number. I know it is there because this picture came from it!
    Peace,
    Clarke
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

MTD Yard Machine drive belt [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know how to change the drive belt 1998 Yard Machine tractor Model # 13AM675G062. Thanks, Jim

Mtd yard machine [ 2 Answers ]

My MTD 14.5 hp yard machine has been hard to start for a while. Turn the key and back off several times before it will start.. I replaced the ignition switch and the solenoid and now it does not even make a sound. What else could it be.

MTD Yard Machines belt drive [ 6 Answers ]

How do you change the drive belt on a MTD Yard Machine lawn tractor? The old one was shredded so I do not have a reference.

MTD 14.5 HP Yard Machine will not crank [ 1 Answers ]

I have a MTD Yard Machine with a 14.5 HP B & S engine model # 287707 0224-01. I have changed the battery, the air filter, and the spark plug, but it won't crank. It will turn over, but won't start. I took the filter off and started it and it spit out a fluid from the air intake. But when I put...

Yard MAchine/MTD Rider Won't Start [ 9 Answers ]

OK. Normally, I would continue to tinker if it was one of my cars, but I have temporarily been outmatched. (HA) I have a YardMachine mower that has finally decided to stop and not start or run. It started three days ago and ran for 5 minutes. This was the first start of the year. It seemed to take...

View more questions Search