Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    waynedaughtry Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2010, 11:10 AM
    Excessive moisture on air conditioner duct
    The air supply duct in the crawl space has excessive moisture and is causing puddles of water to collect. The ambient temperature is 100 degrees and the thermostat is set on 79 degrees. Is this causing the moisture problem or do I need to call AC service man? It is causing hardwood floors to cup. Thanks
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2010, 02:31 PM

Why is the ductwork not insulated?
    sdcodes Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Sep 8, 2010, 12:15 PM
    Is the air duct insulated. This sounds like a severe condensation case. Where is the water collecting?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Air Conditioner won't get cold, yet water leaks from air conditioner [ 4 Answers ]

Air conditioner is turned on, but it will not cool. Water leaks

Need to Replace GE Fan Motor for outside York air conditioner air conditioner [ 2 Answers ]

The motor model number is 5KCP39EG IT IS A HP 1/4, VOLT 208/230, rpm 1075, hz 60-50 pHASE 1. Are they making this motor anywhere? If so where? Thanks

Ducted heating - hot air does not blow (only room temprature air blows through duct) [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, I have an old ducted heater (gas) located outside my house. Not sure of the name only could see a sticker saying Southern Heating. The thermostat inside the house is like a dial, make is honeywell. When I set the thermostat any where from 15 degrees to 30 degrees, I can hear the...

Outside Air Conditioner Unit Runs When The Air Conditioner Is Switched Off [ 4 Answers ]

We bought a Panasonic split system inverter air conditioner (7.4kw) brand new over Christmas so it is only a couple of months old. We had it installed by a qualified air conditioner installer and everything works perfectly as it should. However we have noticed recently that when the air conditioner...

Air conditioner duct noises [ 1 Answers ]

Hello! My air conditioner appears to be cooling yet there are scratch-type noises coming from the duct. I changed the filter so that wasn't the problem..

View more questions Search