Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bretski Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2010, 09:52 AM
    How do I hook up a honeywell T87F thermostat the 5 wires from wall bl rd yel what grn?
    Just a quick question.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2010, 10:21 AM

Do you know what each wire is hooked to on the old thermostat?

Perhaps this will help
    http://customer.honeywell.com/techli...0s/60-0830.pdf
    Bretski Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2010, 11:06 AM
    Comment on wmproop's post
    All but the blue wire was hooked up. So we have 4 wires to try & put into 3 places. We have the manual for the new one but still don't know what 3 wires to choose. Thanks for trying.
    kryostar Posts: 108, Reputation: 11

Aug 6, 2010, 10:53 PM
    The most common color code would be (red-R 24v power) (yellow-Y compressor a/c) (green-G indoor blower) (white-W heat) (black-C common) hope you can use this !

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need to hook 3 wires to capacitor on 3/4 a.o.smith pool booster pump 2 yel 1wht [ 1 Answers ]

Capicator wire diagram on 3/4 ao smith pool booster pump 2 yellow 1 white wire from motor pump is 10 years old

I need to replace my honeywell t87f 2873 thermostat for A/C only. [ 3 Answers ]

My home has separate heat and AC thermostats and wiring systems. I need to replace the cool only thermostat Hoenywell model T87F 2873 with a cool only model. What will replace this unit?

Two wires one red one white trying to hook up a honeywell CT31 [ 4 Answers ]

I just bought a new thermostat cause the one I had was an old mercury one. I bought a Honeywell CT31. I look at the insructions it tells me to look at the setting markers on the old thermostat, but there are none. It also says do not pay attention to the colors of the wires. I did not know what...

Which wires to I hook up to new thermostat? [ 5 Answers ]

I would be so grateful if someone could help me out. I have an old Janitrol thermostat, just purchased a Lux programmable one. The wiring doesn't all match. I'm having a hard time with the RC and RH, which have a jumper--this is on the new one. Here is the diagram for the old wiring: ...

Ceiling fan wiring, 2 blk, 2 what, 1 red, 1 grn from ceiling [ 3 Answers ]

I am attempting to install a hampden bay minuet 2 fan. The prexisting ceiling wires consist of two black, two white, 1 red, and my ground wire. A basic lite fixture was installed previously and controlled by a single wall switch. The wall switch has 1 red on the bottom and two black on the top...

View more questions Search