Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jbradley Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2010, 08:53 AM
    Voluntary relinquishment of parental rights and child support in virginia
    Can I voluntarily relinquish my parental rights in virginia and not be reliable for child support?
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2010, 11:22 AM

Is the child being adopted by his/her stepparent? If no then the answer is no.
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Aug 7, 2010, 12:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jbradley View Post
    Can I voluntarily relinquish my parental rights in virginia
    Yes,you can escape from your rights

Quote Originally Posted by jbradley View Post
    and not be reliable for child support?
    No,you cannot escape from your obligations;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Voluntary relinquishment of parental rights [ 15 Answers ]

I have a child with my ex boyfriend we were never married and there was never given custody to either of us. I want to give my rights up on my child and for him to have all rights. How would I go about doing that?

Voluntary relinquishment of parental rights [ 9 Answers ]

Hi all,my husband wants to adopt my daughter from my previous marriage.I have submitted just the main petition form and got my case number.now I need to send this form(voluntary relinquishment of parental rights) to my ex husband. Please tell me whether I can prepare it on my own and mail him...

How do I regain rights after a voluntary relinquishment? [ 3 Answers ]

:( I have an unusual situation. I gave up my rights to my two daughters a few years after divorcing their father. When we divorced, I was having a lot of emotional and financial problems. I was struggling to get myself together. My ex was very bitter and constantly pursued me for child support....

Voluntary Relinquishment of Parental Rights [ 2 Answers ]

I have a son with my ex-boyfriend. He doesn't really do much for him and he wants to sign his rights over to me. How would I go about that. I talked to a lawyer and can't afford all the fees. Right now I am in Texas still but I'm due to leave to Germany in less than 2 months. Can anyone help me...

Voluntary Relinquishment of Parental Rights [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I had a child 14years when I was 18 and The father and his mother took my child from me at the age of one after I went in the hospital to have my daughter. I came home and went to pick up my child and they wouldn't let me after I called the police and came back to the house with the police...

View more questions Search