Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tam1980 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2010, 02:55 AM
    What type of plate boundary is parallel to the direction of the plate movement?
    What type of plate boundary is parallel to the direction of the plate movement?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 6, 2010, 03:25 AM
    Would that be TECTONIC..
    FlyYakker Posts: 378, Reputation: 41

Aug 8, 2010, 07:08 PM

Doubt it. "Tectonic' is a term related to the study of earth crust movement, and the results thereof. No direction is implied.
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2010, 08:46 AM

A transform fault.

Also consult this discussion of the types of plate boundaries.
    Plate boundaries
    trilobitian Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2010, 01:34 PM

Yep transform fault.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I change my spanish number plate for another spanish number plate [ 3 Answers ]

I want to buy a spanish car but I don't like the number plate , I know sounds crazy but under spanish law can I change the number plate for a different one and what sort of cost is involved. Kevin

Type of solder to use for speaker wall plate [ 4 Answers ]

I have a speaker wall plate that I want to route speaker wires to through the wall. What type of solder do I use since I can't use an acid solder. The directions say I can use a soldering iron. 23075

Decorative Swith Plate or Wall Plate and Switches [ 5 Answers ]

We're looking to replace our standard switch plates with "decorative" plates, mainly in the kitchen backsplash. We have seen plenty of options for the plates, from pewter to copper to nickel, etc. Are there options for the actual switches themselves? Can we get switches, such as simple light...

Bite plate [ 12 Answers ]

After years of painful lock jaw, and about 10 different dentists later, my dentist finally found out why I have lock jaw... apparently I clench my jaw tightly closed when I am asleep(but I do not grind my teeth) and it causes my muscles in my jaw and face to go into spasims. So I got a bite plate...

Tectonic plate movement [ 3 Answers ]

How would you work out this question? An island chain is 2100 km long and the ages of the rocks of the 2 end islands differ by 42 million years, what is the average rate of plate movement in cm yr-1

View more questions Search