Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paicac Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2010, 02:02 AM
    Cleaning a system with r22 & 410a mixed
    I reused my line set because it was in a wall. The outside condenser and a coil were replaced but the old line sets were not cleaned. There may be a mix of r22 and 410a in my new system. Can the system be flushed completely. I was going to replace the A coil and try flushing the compressor and line set. Will this work?
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2010, 04:30 AM

Not a chance of getting that POE oil cleaned of any traces of mineral oil.

All you can do is hope there wasn't any of the old oil left in the lineset at this point.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Refrigeration system 410a pressures [ 4 Answers ]

What should suction pressure be at indoor temp. of 79 degrees?

Do I have to replace the whole r22 system if I upsize from a 2 to a 2.5 ton r22 unit [ 6 Answers ]

My r22 heat pump unit is undersized for my house. It is a 2 ton and the builder should have installed a 2.5 ton. Do I have to replace the whole system, inside and out, if I upsize to a 2.5 ton or can I change out just the part that is the wrong size to cool the house? I can't really afford the cost...

Have a 410a system in basement can't get it below 75 [ 1 Answers ]

Have a 410a system in basement will not get it below 75

My central air conditioner is a 2009 with r22 can I change it with 410a [ 1 Answers ]

My central air conditioner is a 2009 with r22 can I change it with 410a

Do you add 30 410a freon pressure like you do r22 and r12 for high side pressure in c [ 1 Answers ]

Do you have to add 30 to the ambeint air temp. like you do for r22 and r12 to R410a freon to get the proper high side pressure reading

View more questions Search