Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sbking97 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2010, 09:01 PM
    Can I ask for a deletion on my credit if I pay it in full to a creditor?
    My question is I am 3500 in debt because I lost my job and couldn't pay. I am working now but in collections for my accounts. I read online that if I pay the debt in full I can ask for a deletion of it on my credit. Is this true? Does it work or do they still pull tricks?
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2010, 11:26 AM

You can ask, they might even do it. Part of it is going to be who you talk with. If its outside collections, they do not have the power to remove items from your credit put on by the original lender.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Best to pay an amt. To each credit card or pay two off completely [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. We have about $2,000 to use towards our credit card debt. We have several cards, all closing in on their limit. Which of the following would be best: 1. This amount will pay off two, possibly three or close to three cards (one of the cards would be for a home improvement store that...

Credit Score Impact of Pay-in-full versus Settle-in-full [ 2 Answers ]

How can I calculate credit score impact (or improvement) when I decided to "pay in full" versus the decision to "settle in full" for old outstanding credit debts? I read it is always better to PAY in full... but am curious to quantify HOW much it helps me in doing that (and considering cash is...

Do I pay sell my stock, pay off my mortgage or credit card debt? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Here are my dilemmas. I own a two family home worth $925,000. I have $95K and five years left on this mortgage. This home gives me about $1,200 in income AFTER expenses are paid each month. I don't live in this home. I have $135K in a 401K and approximately $135K in stock. I have...

Should I borrow $ to pay creditor [ 3 Answers ]

My husband and I are on a path to becoming debt free! We have paid off $14,000 :p :p n debt in a little over a year! Unfortunately, one collection agency has lost patience with us and had threatened to sue. They refuse any amount that I attempt to pay when they call because it is not the amount...

View more questions Search